Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / GUI Art Kit Ideas needed..

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2011 22:29
Hello there,

It seems to me that allot of you might benefit from my making some GUI Art Kits. By this I mean window frames, panels, buttons, sliders, and widgets of all kinds.

My question is, 'What are the basic elements that a GUI Kit might need?' Like Close button, Minimize Button, Maximize button, Window frame, Tabs..

If you have any ideas on what types of stuff I can throw into this GUI Kit, please toss them here.

Thanks and I look forward to your input.

Cheers!

wildbill
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a few things that should be included.
Buttons, dials, needles, digits, health bars, knobs, panels, slider bars and sliders.
All should be png or similar so that it is easy to change the color of the object and resize it.
xilith117
Years of Service
User Offline
Not to be rude but couldn't you just look at some programs on your computer and find out what they have that a GUI kit would need? I look forward to this !

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2011 02:20
I've designed many GUI's and know the basics, this thread is to see if you guys have anything that might be off the beaten path, for ideas. And Windows GUI's are easy, but we're all game makers here.

Thanks for the posts, keep the feedback coming.

Cheers!

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2011 09:47
Might be cool to have some sort of 3D gadget control, like a trackball that folk could use to rotate or position objects in an editor.
Some window parts would be handy too, like borders, title bars etc.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2011 00:04 Edited at: 23rd May 2011 01:03
@ David,

There was that GUIStudio that 'Andromeda' did for DBPro a few years back. That showed some promise.

GUI that worked on top of a 3d camera, with ability to change / alter fore and back colours and textures, scroll within panels and then pretty much what wildbill and VanB say. Clocks and dials, fluid cylinders (health etc), compasses, sun and moondials... the list is really endless and I'm sure you have all the basics....

If it were founded on a solid .dll plugin for DBPro with plenty of media of yours, I'd go for it...

p.s. knowing your graphics, sprites etc, ever thought of creating a plugin .dll to help with isometric 2d?

[edit]

Just spotted this thread:- http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=176945&b=1

Would be great if you could have a v flexible plugin for DBPro with your media knocking out stuff like you and 'The Slayer' are demoing on that link....

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 01:22
@ David G,

Seriously, are you developing a plugin along these lines? (please say yes).

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 03:53
Just the graphics, but I suddenly got busy with other stuff, so I'll have to come back to this

Cheers!

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 15:35
Don't you love that? You get a personal project going, your all excited and then "ka-wack!' RL job...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:12:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:12:24