Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Where to find free textures for models ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2011 17:39
Hi,
I've just purchased 3DS Max 2010, and I've been using it for weeks. I can create simple objects like crates, pipes, boards, and sometimes, stuffs like a Cryo-chamber and things that are "a-bit-more-difficult". But the biggest problem is that, I don't have the textures for these models, doesn't matter how good-looking the models are. Yes, I was wandering on many sites like CGTextures and My3DTextures in search of suitable textures to apply on my models, but I can't find any good one. With that problem right there, I can't even texture a simple pipe or a barrel !! And I have no skill to use photoshop to create my own textures.

Is there any way else ??
Please help,
Thanks,
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2011 17:50
Quote: "And I have no skill to use photoshop to create my own textures."

Thats the issue. You won't find a better site than CGTextures. Texturing and Modeling is part of the same medal. You'll have to learn it.

-Wolf

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
Twitter: @Serygala

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 00:37:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 00:37:25