Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / [LOCKED] Need some help

Author
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jun 2011 21:18
Got a question? I have spoke to several ppl here on the forum and they all tell me that when making a weapon for fpsc that it has to be between 3000-4000 polys! My issue here is I took a look at several of the weapons EAI Errant made and in the description for the most part it says the weapon is in the 3000-4000 poly count but when I open it in blender the weapon by it's self is between 6500-7000 ploys this number does not include the arms??? And I looked at several of his weapons this way and the lowest poly count on a rifle, sniper or mg is 6500 polys, if this is the case then why are his weapons in the store with such a high poly count? because of course his weapons are great, but with that many polys I could make weapons at his quality very easily. Please someone explain this to me, thank you!
lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Its reading the animation bones as mesh, which there not since there disregarded in the orginal export

Ron lemasters
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jun 2011 22:15
That's what I thought to but I removed all the bones and arms in fragmotion an imported it into blender it was over 8000 polys before I did that
Ron lemasters
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jun 2011 22:21
Don't get me wrong I am not trying to bash EAI, I am just trying to see if I can put my weapons in the tgc store at about 6200 polys because I got some nice looking models that are between 5500-6200 polys and they work fine in FPSC without any problem.
Ron lemasters
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Jun 2011 15:43
So I see no one wants to touch this one okay I am just trying to model weapons and do it as best as I can with no issues. Just wish someone could give me an answer to this question.
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2011 02:10
Stop triple posting, I've warned you before. Edit your posts next time please.

The reason nobody is responding is because your thread title is too vague. Threads with the title, "need help" or "help please!!!" or anything along these lines just don't get views.

Be more specific with your thread titles next time

Ron lemasters
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jun 2011 02:57
Big

You could have at least responded to my post then u could have corrected me, I guess from here on out I will check out on the net or Utube, you are to bossy and all I wanted was a little help, plus it appears you are stalking me for whatever reason you always reply negatively and you never give any answers to my post. Thought you MODS where here to help? Well let me re-word that, all the other mods have appeared to help me when I asked, and if there was an issue with my thread yes they addressed it, but they also answered it. And I am sure you are going to ban me from the forum, but I will report you for harassment to tgc.
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2011 06:50
...All he did was politely ask you to stop triple posting, because it's annoying...

To answer your question, EAI puts a lot of detail into his models, so they might go above the average poly count. It's not set in stone, but it's good to stay low.

Ron lemasters
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jun 2011 08:15
Thank you, sorry he has been harassing me on several post I meant no harm. I just was getting a little tired of it everytime I made a post he commented negatively and I had enough I don't think I will participate. Anymore on this forum, when it's for discussion of modeling not to harass someone because they make a mistake from time to time?
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2011 23:31
that wasnt harassment..
he only asked you to stop triple posting, as it isnt allowed on the forum.

and for the record, I am a man.

BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2011 23:46 Edited at: 4th Jun 2011 00:07
Maybe I didn't answer because I don't know the answer?

I think you have some growing up to do matey. If you think I was harassing you then I seriously suggest you look up what that word means.

Quote: "plus it appears you are stalking me for whatever reason you always reply"

Oh and if I remember correctly, you emailed me asking me what was wrong with your thread (why nobody was answering).

The email which you sent, which caused me to read your thread and respond:
Quote: "Can you take a look at my post labeled "need help" and then give me some feedback, no one will reply to it? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone"

I've slapped you for 10 days so I can keep an eye on you. You have two duplicate accounts banned from your IP and You've only been on the forum 1-2 months and you are already mouthing off to me.
If you thought I was stalking you before, you are in for one hell of a shock now my friend

I can assure you that none of the mods actively seek out to harass anyone, we are merely here to keep the peace, enforce the AUP and keep the board clear of spam. I have no binding legal obligation to address the original topic/question in your thread if I want to enforce any of the rules that the guys at TGC and the mods have created over the years.
If that means I keep seeing you triple/double posting, and I keep seeing you doing it, I will pick you up on it as I see fit. I'm not doing it for my benefit, but the benefit of the forum itself.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2011 00:41 Edited at: 4th Jun 2011 00:43
Quote: "because of course his weapons are great, but with that many polys I could make weapons at his quality very easily."

Looking at your creations until now thats a nooo...

According to all the piracy and the slightly suspicious fast learning curve in your weapon modeling I'm not sure you are allowed to sell in the store. But I can't say that for sure.

Try to keep your guns polycount around 2000. Remember that the hands will be there aswell and that they have a large polycount that adds to the guns mesh.

-Wolf

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
Twitter:@Serygala http://serygalacaffeine.blogspot.com
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2011 01:25 Edited at: 4th Jun 2011 01:26
That reminds me...

... I can only assume you're not allowed to sell this, the gun from District 9.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ron lemasters
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jun 2011 16:50
Vent

That gun you are talking about I used as a draft I
Modeled it and textured and animated it, so your saying I can't use that? If so I will remove it. I researched piracy and what I found that as long as I do all the work such as the modeling and texture I can use the picture only as a guide, for example: many paintings around the world are re-painted to look exactly like the original, however the painting was painted by someone else and they used there on canvas and their own paint so it is not considered piracy. But if someone makes a copy of the original without written permission then that is piracy! So if you still want me to remove that weapon I will, I never want to be accused again of piracy.

Wolf

I appreciate your comment and I understand your concern about my past, and I assure you I have not violated any piracy laws I have learned my lesson. One other note as far as you saying I have learned the modeling process a little to fast and that rises a eyebrow, that is not the case I have been working on learning this process for a few years and I am still learning. I apologize for the past as I have repeated several times. But unfortunately people keep bringing it up! It was a poor Dicision on my part, and I realize that.

Bigadd

I apologize for my comment as you may have noticed I made a big mistake in the past! And I have made every effort to rectify that mistake and people still keep bringing it up, I have lost the trust of the people here and I am trying my hardest to fix that, so I am a little on edge. From all the negative comments I receive and I realize my comment to you does not help matters, so please except my apology.
Ron lemasters
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jun 2011 17:42
I removed the mega blaster vent, however I don't think it's violating any copyright but I don't want to take a chance of making you guys thinking I am violating anything laws!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2011 19:19
There's several issues here, just make sure you cover them all:

1. Piracy - taking somebody else's works and copying/redistributing them

2. Copyright - stealing somebody's intellectual property that is covered by copyright laws. For example, a book or film

3. IP/Branding/Trademarks - it is possible to trademark a number of things. For example, the name of a character or the props in a film (e.g guns)

4. Plagiarism - taking somebody else's idea, altering it and claiming it as an original work. Laws get cloudy here, but at the very least it is immoral and unethical

The legitimacy around fan games and the offshoots thereof varies. For example you will never be allowed to make a Doctor Who fangame, but Microsoft make Halo media available to all. You must abide by their rules when you venture into this arena. One thing is definite - you cannot make money when you go down this route, such as selling guns that are somebody else's IP.

Ron lemasters
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jun 2011 20:11
To any MOD

Please, remove all of my threads that I have posted recently and in the past, I have attempted over and over again to prove that I am legit, but all it has done is create more problems for me. I ask that you do this to be fair and just, yes I have made numerous threads it was just an attempt to reach everyone on here to show I an legit and get advice, I really thought this was a start to bright future in modeling, but I was wrong. If you do not remove my post you are just proving to me you want people to harass me and not give me a second. Thank you! And I hope I soon see all my threads removed, this is my last time writing or showing any screen shots of my models on the forum.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2011 20:47
I did not post to harass you. I posted a checklist to make sure you - and everyone else - are aware of the various aspects. The word "piracy" gets banded about all over these forums right now for whatever reason, but there is far more to creating original resources outside of plain piracy.

Read the checklist (which is not absolute) and if you're happy then carry on. If you're not happy with what you are doing, then be creative and change the way you do things. You obviously have the skills, if you master the art of originality then you have cracked it

Ron lemasters
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jun 2011 21:05
Batvink

I am not accusing anyone on this thread of harassment my comment to big was just out of frustration it's all my previous threads, with them on this forum I will never be given a second chance that's why I want them removed for the most part all of the MODs have given me good advice, it's just most of the other people on here continue to bring up the past, I made a bad choice when I started modeling not fully understanding the laws of piracy but I have since learned to create my own work granted I still do not fully understand all of the concepts behind piracy but that is why I have been asking questions in the past so I do not make the same mistake. So plz understand I am not angry at you or any other MOD I would just like to have a clean slate, thank you!

Please remove all my previous threads!!!
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2011 04:23
Quote: "this is my last time writing or showing any screen shots of my models on the forum. "

Maybe It'll be the last time you say that

Do we have to give this guy a third/fourth chance?

Ron lemasters
User Banned
Posted: 7th Jun 2011 15:42
Okay guys I am not asking for help I am sharing it, so many people think they know what they are talking about with the max poly count for weapons everyone says you are only allowed between 3000-4000 polys that is not true. So to get to the bottom of this I asked the people of FPSC, and I got the true answer I received an email from Janet she spoke to Lee and he said the poly can be from 4000-8000 polys as long as it works and is high quality, so word of advise if you are going give advise unless it came from FPSC and is current info just say it is your recommendation not necessarily FPSC guidance this info was sent to me on 7 Jun 11. Hope this helps people and for polys on static objects I do not know the FPSC answer as I can only assume their numbers have increased as well. The only reason I am posting this is to help, I myself will no longer ask for help or show screenshots to people here because for the most part all they want to do is bash me from a past mistake. Instead of helping, so to those people maybe you want to think before you act, so we can help each other not look to always harass, because I believe this forum was designed to help not hinder future modelers.

AKA:combat action
Ron lemasters
User Banned
Posted: 7th Jun 2011 16:11
From here on out I think I will make tutorials to help people model, in the process I may learn something. However if you have a negative comment! word of advise I will report you for harassment to the forum, this is a friendly thread only to help others become future modelers, not discourage them so no harassment regardless of how minor will not be tolerated, so if you see a comment on here and think they may have violated copyright it may in fact have been a mistake not on purpose so give only friendly advise or don't even bother commenting. The original purpose of this forum was to share ideas and help others somewhere down the road it has turned into a place to discourage and harass others, I think the MODs need to start inforcing this more, to help bring back this forums meaning. And yes there are hackers among us, and the main reason is a lack of understanding of the modeling process, so instead of harassing help them understand the process so they change their ways, the harassment will just cause them to become discouraged and continue the process they may not understand the legal issues behind copyright so post what you know to be true. Not speculation if you understand what they are doing is wrong and you don't give them friendly advise you are just guilty as they are.
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2011 20:24
Quote: "However if you have a negative comment! word of advise I will report you for harassment to the forum, this is a friendly thread "

wow mate you seem to have some serious issues

Quote: "I myself will no longer ask for help or show screenshots to people here because for the most part all they want to do is bash me from a past mistake."

you may call hacking models from a game then taking the hand rig & animations of another member without permission & trying to sell them as your own in the store & on turbosquid a mistake but i call it something else.you even went as far as setting up a second forum account to avoid people knowing who you are.

Quote: "I think the MODs need to start inforcing this more, to help bring back this forums meaning"

you should think yourself lucky that they didn't in your case as you would have had a permanent ban.

heres some friendly advice from me grow up & stop posting silly rants no one is harassing you.if you want to become a respected member of this site all you need to do is post good quality work that is your own & try to help other members as much as you can.(even if it means telling them some home truths)

feel free to report me if you feel any of my comments to be untrue or unhelpful

cheers henry

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2011 20:48
Ah,but henry you are harassing him,I shall report you at once!

PC Specs:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit,Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.20GHz,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480,12GB RAM,2x Western Digital 997GB HDD
Ron lemasters
User Banned
Posted: 7th Jun 2011 21:03
Okay

Guys as you can see I used to hack not proud of it but what you have heard about me was true, that's why I am coming clean, I have seen both sides of the spectrum and trust hacking will only create problems for you, and you may never get the respect back you once may of had, but I have learned the errors of my way, and many people here will not believe a word I say. So instead of posting screen shots of my models I will post short tutorials that will be quick and to the point so you and others will learn the modeling process the 2 programs I will use are blender and fragmotion to include paint.net and gimp, hopefully we can help one another, my previous post I apologize for if in anyway I offended someone it was not my purpose, I just want a clean thread that we can all learn from kind of like a one stop shop, I will start the tutorials tonite and if you have additional in site on any of my tutorials that could be of additional help please post them, and I have heard it 1000 times about my past!!! I got it guys so let's all try and grow up and make this a positive thread and by putting comments in here like Henry just puts in un needed grammar into this thread. So let's try this again!!!
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 02:16 Edited at: 9th Jun 2011 02:17
I think I've finally caught up.

So Ron is actually Combat Action who has been taking media from games and media and trying to sell them.
That's a perma ban. I've perma banned everyone else for doing this and I think in order to keep this consistent and also to send out a message to anyone else who is thinking of doing the same, then I think a ban is what's needed.

Sorry all, I've just finished about a couple of months of intense work and revision that my mind still resembles a bowl of mashed potato.
I linked this thread in the mods board as I had absolutely no idea what was going on! So thanks BatVink for stepping in!

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That's what I thought to but I removed all the bones and arms in fragmotion an imported it into blender it was over 8000 polys before I did that "

Just to be certian, my polycounts posted in GCS details are acurrate triangle counts with rigging removed and includes the weapon, hand, shell casings, etc.

Either not all the rigging was removed or there's something going on with the extraction process used when converting from .x format. There is nothing I have for sale modeled at 8000K+ polys. I generally have aimed for 5K limit though some newer models pushing up 6-7K for weapons not intended to be dual-wielded via FPSC mod.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 03:25:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 03:25:55