Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / DarkClouds string table errors

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
DC SET SUN DIRECTION is listed as accepting %F% but actually requires three floats %FFF%.

DC SET AUTO SUN DIRECTION accepts no parameters but does not specify any parameter string:

DC SET AUTO SUN DIRECTION%?DCSetAutoSunDirection@@YAXH@Z%
should be:
DC SET AUTO SUN DIRECTION%0%?DCSetAutoSunDirection@@YAXH@Z%

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 18:28
That might also be whats wrong with the commands to get the sun's position.

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 21:18
This is surely an 'easy fix' for TGC>>>???

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 21:43
Quote: "This is surely an 'easy fix' for TGC"

If they have access to the source.

The author of DC was from Simul, and repeated attempts to get them to respond and fix these things seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

Admiral MH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2011 21:55
Quote: "If they have access to the source."

Fortunately, you don't need the source. A free program you can download called ResHacker allows you to modify DLL string tables.

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 00:14
Has anyone fixed the above faults with dll on either an indie or official TGC basis...

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 18:57
ping

Richaldo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 03:28
Looking deeper into DarkClouds it seems theres a few fundamental things broken with it, which is a real shame because what works is very good.

As far as I can tell, as well as the above issues, get light direction still doesn't work (http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=181255&b=1), so I'm wondering how people light their scenes based on the suns position in DarkClouds.

I'm struggling to think of an adequate workaround for this and it seems daft for me to have a graphically elaborate sky system when the lighting of the scene can't be accurately based on what's happening.

Any tips greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 09:45
A committent by TGC to simply mend the stringtable (which I think is most of the broken bits) in DarkClouds would only seem fair.

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 09:46
Reshacker?

Servant Saber
Years of Service
User Offline
I would agree with Duffer, if the original Author of the program agrees to provide support for a percent of sales (Percent or one time contract payout), and fails to do so, the contract should be Null, and TGC should take measures to fix the software if they can. I'm not saying TGC is obligated to do so, but paying 50 bucks a pop for a only partially functioning product seems to be a little steep.

I've looked into Reshacker and I've been able to Open the DarkClouds.DLL file, with all the string tables open to see.

If you guys want, I can post or send the string tables to those wanting to find and fix the errors, if you guys know how too, as I have no bloody clue on how to myself, lol.

As a final option, I can contact Simul Software Ltd myself and talk with them regarding their neglectance on this matter, but that's up to TGC, and I'm sure TGC would rather handle this themselves.

If I can help, Just let me know, I'm sure we all want DarkClouds to give us the skys we so want in our programs^^
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2012 09:56
@ Servant Saber,

I suppose it would cause all kinds of probs for us to be batting back and forth the DarkCLOUDS dll. Even with the stringtables expanded out.

However, could you just post to us how exactly in ResHacker you went about pulling out the stringtables? At least then I (and others) could go about trying to tamper with a copy of the DarkCLOUDS dll to see if we can make it work properly?

@ TGC - it seems such a shame really - all I think is needed here is some tweaking to the [stringtables in the] plugin dll? An easy fix? And/or could you contact Simul software?

Servant Saber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2012 00:10 Edited at: 28th Mar 2012 07:56
I'm on a seperate PC right now, but I used a seperate program from Reshacker, as reshacker is no longer updated. i think any program that can open window registry and .dll files will work for the .DLL here. simply open it up and there should be multiple folders inside the .DLL, sort of a hiarcy within the .DLL, simply make your changes and then resave the .dll with the same name, and the same format( .dll). I resaved my .dll with changes and it saved like the original, but I didnt try to load it.

I've uploaded some screens with the program i'm using and the tables you'll find in said .DLL. Best of luck.

NOTE: Yes the screenshot says "DarkClouds.exe", sorry for the confusion, I was seeing if saving the DarkClouds.DLL could be saved as a .exe for future testing and editing, otherwise, its the same file, and can be re-saved as any file you wish, like .DLL

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 13:08
I think if Lee/TGC could just correct the dll (and .ini) and re-release DARKClouds at same time as release of u7.7 that would be fantastic...

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 9th May 2012 13:01
Duffer = BOT? lol

hmm I am surprised this thread went unnoticed or simply not filtered down the RSS feeds... it would seem to be broken... how long has this discussion been going on for? there are 3 posts on this...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:43:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:43:00