Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] PiNa Colada

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 05:52 Edited at: 28th Jun 2011 17:57
[center]

[center]

Developer: Gunbarrelguru

Storyline: Agent Julius of the Undercover Coconut Missions Initiative has fallen into the middle of a pineapple prompted quasi-fruit racism war against the coconuts. On the front lines of this conflict are 2 rival spy agencies, one of which you are assigned to. Nothing is ever as it seems, and nothing is more deadly than a Pina Colada after a grenade has been attatched to it.

Description: Varied gameplay was my mission. Platform jumping, stealth, espionage puzzle-solving, and high action are all in a day's mission for agent Julius.

Designed more as an 'fps adventure experience' than a game, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have plenty of gameplay! features music from Gotan Project and Rupert Holmes.

Update: All levels in the main game are complete! The multiplayer add-on "Jack Dangerous" has one map developed so far, and I am working on a combat arena map for Pina Colada seprate from the main game as a mini-game that will be included.

OFFICIAL TRAILER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK9gwNyDvoM

FULL GAME DOWNLOAD
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQ0G9NNY

The player uses buisness cards given to him in order to solve puzzles within Pina Colada

You talk to the wrong people, the pineapple agents swarm

The weapon was hiding in the bathroom...classic[/b][b][b]
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 15:33
Well, I think the best pic would have to be the 3rd one going down. The people are definitely going to need work since you can't really even see their faces.
Also, are you using Fenix Mod on this, because I noticed that you're using v1.16?

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Come on down to my site at Unleashed FPSCreators
Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Beastmode!

Actually, I purposely wanted the people to look like those old spy cut outs you see. (picture attached).

I am not using Fenix Mod. I'm using v1.16 because I tried downloading a newer version and not only did it not work, but it almost near destroyed all my FPSC files; as well as wrecking havoc on my computer.

Thanks for the review, though!

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 17:21
Quote: "I am not using Fenix Mod. I'm using v1.16 because I tried downloading a newer version and not only did it not work, but it almost near destroyed all my FPSC files; as well as wrecking havoc on my computer. "

I know exactly what you are talking about. There are few programs in this whole wide world, that are more prone to destroy data or even a whole PC (even physically) than FPSC-related ones...

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 18:30 Edited at: 19th Jun 2011 00:48
Hahaha, thanks Storyteller for understanding.

I re-lit the entire game to give it a slightly different feel. Currently working on levels 3 and 4.

Instead of having a formal tutorial, I distributed tutorial billboards throughout the levels. This will hopefully eliminate that feeling of, "holding the player's hand," in a video game.
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2011 06:29
Nice idea. I like the lighting more too.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 07:45
I quite liked the neon styling for the first two levels more than the last screenie you posted.

I really like the tutorial prompt cards too.

Good work.

[url="http://raptr.com/No_Turn_Right?src=em_forum"][/url]
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 19:05
The lighting looked good in all of the levels but in some pics like 2nd one from the top, the bed looks a little weird...

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 23:41 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2011 23:42
@Ched: Thanks so much! I'm glad you like the neon styling as I wanted to have a distinctive visual style. I wanted the lighting outside the hotel to be half worn and burnt out, but I might change this.

@Beastmode: Glad you like the new lighting. The bed does look a little wierd, but then again everything is supposed to.

New Screenshots

The Lobby Area of Telemetric Teleportation Services.

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2011 18:31
I love the blue and white. I just think that has to be the coolest lighting in these pics. Probably because I they are my favorite colors... but it stilll looks great!

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

WaluigiRadio
Years of Service
User Offline
This kind of (really) reminds me of GravityBone...
Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
@Beastmode: Again I commend you for the constant encouragement. (Those are my favorite colors - in a video game - too). Except I love green but not in real life. anyway...

@WaluiligiRadio: Woah, you've...actually played Gravity Bone. Well, I guess when you have a big source of inspiration and you try to borrow some of its themes SOMEONE is bound to notice!

Now I want to make this very clear, I love Gravity Bone. HOWEVER, this is not a Gravity Bone clone or a rip off of the same idea. For this project I drew inspiration from multiple sources including: Mission Impossible the series, I Spy, The Mod Squad, Gravity Bone, To Catch a Thief, Duke Nukem 3D, and the James Bond franchise.

I wanted to make that clear so no one would yell at me. Thank you for your concerns and soon I'll have footage of the game and artwork from the multiplayer add-on Jack Dangerous.
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 06:43 Edited at: 24th Jun 2011 06:44
No need to commend me, I'm just playing my part in the community and talking about something that interests me . This should be a fun game! Can't wait for a demo.

One thing,
In the picture (2nd from the bottom that is blue and white) is it suppose to have that empty look or are you still planning on adding stuff? Because since that entire place is just a huge party I wouldn't expect it to be spiffy clean. Maybe a beer bottle somewhere and a tipped over trashcan with trash with stuff in it... Just some ideas.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Home Studio
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 10:32
Good level design but graphic is terrible.

Home Studio
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 16:18
Quote: "No need to commend me, I'm just playing my part in the community"

I wish everyone had that attitude!

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Beastmode: Well, it's not really supposed to be a party, but maybe a tipped over trash can would be a good idea. That room is a puzzle that you can actually solve 3 way, the harder ways being more beneficial; so theres going to be alot of objects moving around the room and I don't want to confuse the player to what they are supposed to do (kinda like Portal).

@ Home Studio: My focus is level design. The pictures I took are very low quality but this game is no Modern Warfare or Drake's fortune. Thanks for the input though!

Oh, almost forgot. I will be releasing the whole game (Since it is only 4 levels why not give you the whole thing) as soon as I can figure out how to get it so people can download it online.

The game will be fully released and moved to showcase when the ever-elusive Jack Dangerous is finished. (screenshot of multiplayer below)

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 17:21
Honestly, I thought it was some place in L.A. (mainly because of the logo). If I saw a place with that as their trademark, I'd know for sure that their must be some drunk people in their...

So their won't be a demo, but the whole game will be released?

I like the puzzle idea, I must say. I'm just not sure wh but, this game is so attractive to my eyes. I just want to play it (probably the colors, but I have always like puzzle game).

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 21:15 Edited at: 25th Jun 2011 03:16
Hahaha. Yes we aim to please with flashy colors and bright pointy things. I am so glad you like this project and are currently my inspiration to get this darn horse of a game kicking. Oh and be sure to look around for more signs in the game because I put some pretty "drunkard" ones in there.

Thier will not be a demo, but I am releasing the whole game very very soon as I just completed the main game and most of the multiplayer. You get the following with Pina Colada:

-the Pina Colada main game
-a combat arena for quick and fun battles, and YOU choose the enemies

-the "Jack Dangerous" multiplayer game with 3 maps

Spoiler Alert: There is a hidden Director's commentary section in the second level, lets see who will find it
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2011 19:35
Can't wait to play.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
OFFICIAL TRAILER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK9gwNyDvoM

Note: Gameplay shown here is from the Flamingo Roof mini game, and does not show gameplay from the main game in order to prevent giving away the puzzle solutions. Sorry about the poor video quality.
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2011 22:10
I like the shotgun that was used, quite the range! It could be considered a sniper with that range.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2011 05:59 Edited at: 28th Jun 2011 17:58
[EDIT]
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2011 06:34
Well....
You can't just upload the .exe, it has to be the whole game folder. Right now, nobody can play it without the whole folder.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2011 16:30 Edited at: 28th Jun 2011 17:59
Okay, here is the full game.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQ0G9NNY
Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Has anyone tried downloading this yet? I would love any feedback and let me know if it's working.

Sorry about the double post
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2011 01:55 Edited at: 29th Jun 2011 02:00
Downloading it now...

Cheers.

EDIT:
Why is the file size so big? I mean really, 472 mb? Why? It says that it will take a hour...

God help me, Please.

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Hold on, do I need to upload the files part to make the game work, if so that is probably why the file is so big. Does anyone have suggestions on what I don't need to upload?
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2011 03:24
You did it right, I just suggest that you split the download into 2.
One of the downloads could be Pina Colada, and the other could be the Flamingo Roof. It makes things easier.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2011 04:13 Edited at: 29th Jun 2011 04:30
Dude, quite the puzzle game. I'm still on the first room. I picked up the item, I saw a dvd player but didn't know how to use it. I walked over to the trash can and found clothes (I'm guessing that the player puts it in), also is it suppose to let you fall of the edge? Just wondering. Good game though.
Just need to pass this first room.

Cheers.

EDIT:
Are you suppose to be able to go into the shower, because I cant get in through the window holes.

God help me, Please.

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
@Beastmode: I feel bad I was going to make the file smaller you didn't have to download the whole thing! But thanks so much for the feedback.

Yeah the first room is tough. There is a small ledge you need to jump to on the first jump, and then jump up again. There is glass there on the shower, so no need to worry about gonig inside it. The trash can is an objective where you throw your diguise in (just walk up to it) Make sure you find and take the cassette tape before leaving the first room, and I'll give you a hint that the pineapple box you find will solve 2 puzzles.

Its a difficult jump, but there won't be many more of them just get a good running start. I have faith in you to ace this game!
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2011 06:26 Edited at: 29th Jun 2011 18:36
Well, I just beat the game, pretty good. So here is my review:

The Good:
Puzzle Design: 8/10 Really good brain busters but, some things were just impossible to know about without you telling us...

Lighting: 6/10
I loved the color, but some of the things were off. Lights without light sources... Things that were darker than they should have

Level Design: 7/10
Realistic items placed in the right spot. Great Work.

The Instructions: 6/10
I loved the way the instructions were told! There really should have been something about the fact that the the pineapple box was key in all levels in one of the instructions boards.

The Bad:
The A.I.: 3/10
I could stand in front of enemies and they wouldn't shoot me. The only time that there ever was a chance death was from that mini-gun guy.

Objective: 5/10
The player really doesn't know why he has to destroy pineapple cylinders in the first level, he doesn't know what the point of putting the music in is (but I'm guessing that they were just thing added for fun).

Overall:
Over All Gmae Score: 5/10
Some of the smaller things could have made the game better.
Great game by the way!

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2011 18:47 Edited at: 29th Jun 2011 18:57
Thank you for the review! Did you by chance play the combat arena? The AI was alot better there. AI was a big struggle for me but I really don't know how I would improve it.

I see now that if I could go back and change some things, I would have improved the AI, placed a tutorial for the pineapple boxes, and try a slightly better lighting scheme. I may rerelease the game fixing these problems, improving the decals, etc.

However, I have looked through the file sizes of most other games on the forums and found that their file sizes are at LEAST 400 mb and up. I hope you enjoyed it, I would love for storyteller to review this as well.
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2011 18:57
I haven't played the combat arena yet but am planning on it today. Also, are you sure that the secret commentary is in the 2nd level? I saw a secret spot (in the room right before the guy with the minigun) in the third level but couldn't make it there. I knew that I needed the box but I couldn't jump onto the ledge and have the box with me. I also saw a vent in the level which I couldn't reach even with the box. I'm guessing it's a secret spot.

I'm just glad that my review helped. I hope to see some better games from you in the future.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, the secret commentary is the 2nd level. There is also a secret section in the 3rd level, you'll need the computer behind the desk to solve that puzzle. I'm moving this to the showcase thread after I fix it up a bit. I learned alot from this project, and it only gets better from here.

Cheers!
0Alemar0
Years of Service
User Offline
the file is very large for me...
i'll try download later and test.I saw the video and looks very cool.
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2011 02:13
I'll try to get to that secret spot.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2011 22:13 Edited at: 1st Jul 2011 23:20
IMPORTANT NOTICE I just wanted to let everyone know that this thread is going to soon be moved to the showcase thread where the game will be re-released with the improvements that have been suggested to me added. So if you are planning on downloading this game, you may want to wait a little for the full copy.

Thank you!

[EDIT] If you have already downloaded the game, I wouldn't say the improvements are quite worth a re-download, but If this is you're first time playing, I certainly suggest the new version to this beta release.
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2011 22:22
Looking forward to it!

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

skeeter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2011 11:17
downloading right now

window 7 ultimate, AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 3.3 ghz, XFX Radeon HD6790 1GB, 16gb ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:10:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:10:07