Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Mining Equipment

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2011 13:14 Edited at: 19th Jun 2011 13:16
I thought that some of you may be interested in knowing that
I have for sale, my mining equipment models, on Turbo Squid.
They are perfect for RPG/Adventure games set in any time period
(so long as the period had metal working ). They are in
generic unit size and are perfect for using in FPSC (in which
they where first created for).

You can find it >> here <<

Product License

Quote: "The contents of this package are copyrighted to Daniel Higgins

You are entitled to use the contents of this package within your own projects, and you are permitted to sell games you create using the contents.

You are, however, not allowed to distribute this package, or its contents; in any way. Doing so will breach the copyright and you will be forced to stop using the media.
Proper credit is optional, but highly recommended."

Click ^
AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2011 16:22
Wow! That looks so cool!

Making someone's day a little better because of one of my models means a lot to me.
Frap
User Banned
Posted: 20th Jun 2011 22:22
A bit of advice from an old hand at selling stock models.

Get rid of the product license, what the purchaser does with them should be there own concern as long as they dont sell them on or give them away which you will find is one of the terms of purchase from such sites. Dont put a potential client off.

You may or not be aware that Turbosquid is one of the worst sites for selling stock models on, yes they are well known but they only pay 50 to 60% of the purchase price to you. I use the3dstudio where they pay a minimum of 60% and now get as many sales there as I used to get on the squid before they launched there stupid cult thing. This may work for you though but check out there competition and dont believe all the squids hype, one thing they a good at if nothing else.

You must add a poly count, no if`s or buts. Do this immediatly, your selling an asset that is going to be redrawn 25 frames per second, it is really important the buyer knows what he or she is buying. Adding all models are low poly doesnt cut it in the comments, add a poly count for them all.

I touched this in the above paragraph but what are the texture sizes ? do they have a normal and specular as well as the diffuse ? If they dont think abouyt getting them sorted out, you dont need crazy bump etc for this as photoshop can do it ( search youtube for tutorials ). The end user doesnt have to use them but all you can do to make their life easier will help you make a sale.

Add some "clay" renders, remove the texture and add a grey scale material to them, this highlights any flaws in the geometory. Hopefully you wont have any hard edges etc.

render each object individually as well, again with a wire frame and grey scale / clay, this will allow the buyer to have a look at each asset on there own.

Use your descriptions to sell the model, think features and benefits. If a sales person was to come up to you and say "A simple wooden chest with metal detail on top." about your treasure chest model what would you say !

One final thing, why not add a lamp to the collection. Its dark in them there mines.

Take or leave my advice its up to you but before I left the cult that is the squid I was a ruby member and too far off a diamond

Portfolio

Available for weddings, bah mitz fers, funerals and freelance work.
Shadowdeath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2011 23:28
These look quite good.
They would look amazing in FPSC.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2011 02:22
@Frap

These are old models, from around 2008-2009 that I had sold as a pack for FPSC and then later put on to Turbo Squid. I posted about them due to the fact I had a few sales lately and thought that the members of TGC may want to check them out again and to let new members see them.

I don't currently have any 3D Modelling software installed so I can not produce more renders and the only copies I have of these models are on TS and possibly on a DVD somewhere.

I also know TS is really bad for making a profit, but I basically have put it on to let it sell it's self over the years. The license also states that they can use it in pretty much any thing, but are not allowed to re upload/distribute the contents.

@Everyone else

Thanks for liking them

Click ^

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 13:16:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 13:16:35