Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Walk Cycles - Normal vs Injured

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2011 07:30
Hello everyone!

I am currently making walk cycles within Milkshape, and I just have a question. I know how to make a normal walk cycle, and a normal run cycle. However, what should I do if the player is at a critical level, e.g., low on health?

In most games that I've noticed, typically the injured player walks with a limp, dragging a foot, while holding one of their arms with another. However, I cannot recall what their run cycle is.

My idea right now is just use the injured walk cycle, and speed it up. I cannot think of any other way a stereotypically injured player would run.

Any suggestions?
AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2011 17:57
I didn't think injured people ran that much anyways.

Here are some ideas:
-Heavy breathing
-Limbs that move like jello
-Tripping

That's all I can think of right now...

Making someone's day a little better because of one of my models means a lot to me.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2011 19:04
Remember adrenaline, and running is an instinct - so there's every chance that an injured person would run quite normally - maybe hunched over holding their torso or something. For realism, I would suggest having a few variations. So if someone is shot in the leg they might try and keep it straight, but still they should be able to move at a decent speed unless they stood on a landmine.

What would be cool, is if once they stop running, they just flop over in agony, then they can't do jack, fear takes over and adrenaline wears off. Same might apply if they fall over while running, they probably wouldn't get up again.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2011 21:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqWWvlJK8HA
Well, this is what I have so far. Since I'm going for simplicity (and this is a template/test/basic model anyway) I figured I could go easy on the animations.

I mean, these won't be the final ones. But I won't hard code the values in so that I can't change them anyway
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, the best thing would be a slight stumbling look not too much and perhaps holding the chest.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2011 07:57
Hehe! Thanks for the help everyone

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 21:30:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 21:30:26