Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [DGDK] dbLoopObject() and other animation codes broken as of October update

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The new update has apparently stopped the command dbLoopObject() and other animation codes from working. I confirmed this by switching back to the older versions of GDK, in which animations were working, and then reinstalling the new version, in which the animations were not working.

Other users are reporting this too on the Dark GDK forum. Any chance of getting this fixed?
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
I concur. I have the same problem. Well, almost the same.... There are rare occasions that I will see the animation work, but it's not like the older version where it worked every time. I have even tried to dbSetObjectFrame(...) using a timer and even that isn't working right-- I have a cow that has 3 animation sequences (standing, walking, and dead). Using dbSetObjectFrame(...) I get animation overlaps. When it walks, sometimes the "standing" animation plays and then "walking" plays and sometimes "dead" plays.... This is confusing. I can't seem to pin down why it's doing that.

Maybe we can copy the older version of just the 3D objects file.... Maybe that will work? When I copied over the new version, I didn't make a backup of the old one (I know bad idea). Where can I get a copy of the older one?

The fastest code is the code never written.
Cetobasilius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2011 02:37
wheres the code?

hi
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2011 14:36 Edited at: 6th Aug 2011 14:38
I also confirm that dbLoopObject and dbPlayObject do not work in the last Dark GDK version. I don't know why nobody has taken the trouble to write a bug report until now, but the problem was immediately reported in the thread where the update was published last October, so it has been known since then.

I trust that we don't need to attach a complete Visual Studio project just for: dbLoadObject, dbLoopObject and observe that it does nothing. I tried with several X models in the Dark GDK samples collection and model packs as well. Animation plays with earlier Dark GDK versions but not with the latest.

@Hawkblood: dbSetObjectFrame works as far as I can tell, I also used it as a basis of a timed animation function. If it does not work for you, then please post an example to reproduce the problem. (Earlier Dark GDK versions you can find in their update threads on the forum, e.g. search for 7.4 in the thread subject, but if dbSetObjectFrame works, you don't need to downgrade.)
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 12th Oct 2011 01:26
See my post on this thread for code sample:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=189265&b=15

dbSetObjectFrame seems to allow a workaround.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:19:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:19:49