Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / (X9) Unreal Gold - Deck 16 Remake 2!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 20:00 Edited at: 25th Jun 2011 00:55
[center]Developer: Exu Corporations

Map Remade: Deck16

Average Framerate: Around 35-60

Screenshots:

One of the rooms, i may or may not remove the pipes. Also there is supposed to be a gun there but im still deciding on what one to put there...

Another room, still working on this one a lot. When i added boxes to it, it looked weird. So i decided to change it up from the original map...

This is where i believe the eightball gun was, or something like that. It still is not done as this is a WIP. I need to add some more to this room, the original map didn't have anything but the gun. But i feel the need to add stuff!

This is where the sniper rifle was, this part is still in progress as well (Lighting, Just more detail in general even though the original had nothing here...)

Unreal Gold Screenshot To Compare:

Weapons List:
1. G22
2. AK47 (AKM)
3. JSCS Breecher
4. 44 Combat
5. AK74
6. M4
7. M107 LRSR

Other:
--- Custom sound effects for guns - WIP
--- Used original Unreal music (i don't know if i can do that or not)
--- Features Acid/Slime, 7 or more guns i don't know yet, multiplayer for 8-10 players, shaders, and awesome looking shadows

Videos Kind Of Relevant :
G22 Sound Effects Test - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9GgQ6BT9wE

G22 And AK47 Sound Effects Test - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd40EzO8HMo

DEMO DOWNLOAD LINK - Coming Soon

-Josh
Website is under construction
System Specs: AMD Phenom x3 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HD, HD Radeon 5770 1GB, 22in Acer Monitor
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 00:13 Edited at: 24th Jun 2011 00:14
A low quality remake of a bestseller original?

Don't get me wrong, don't mean to be rude, but take it as honest feedback - I personally don't see the potential in these shots only get near to touching the quality of even good old Unreal, even though these are WIPs.

Maybe you should consider scaling the project larger than only using stock media.

Apart from that, I think this is more or less stealing maps, considering Deck has even made it into UT3. But maybe that's just me
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 04:42 Edited at: 24th Jun 2011 07:34
Alright all im getting is MOD Edit: Don't use stars to swear; only warning for this map so obviously im going to start something else. And i don't really understand what i could add from the other model packs and just other media in general? I tried a lot of things and just nothing looks very good? Also if you remember or not, the map didn't really have ANYTHING. Just walls, guns, and some crates. I don't know why people can't understand that, i do realize im supposed to change it up a bit so im not copying it and trying to make it some what original, but there wasn't much to the old map. But at least thanks for commenting and ill keep your advice in mind. Also, did UT3 really have this map in it? Or was it like completely redone? But thanks for commenting!

-Josh
I will be starting a youtube channel to show off my FPSC maps and other things that i do
Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, okay. Exu Corporations; first let me say that I LOVE that you are taking some time to pay tribute to the classics. I really don't care what Dominik said, but the original unreal did NOT look as good as these screenshots here. What excites me about this is that the original game was all about simplicity in design and FUN in gameplay.

Convince us that your game is FUN, and no true game delevloper should give a damn about the aestetics, as long as the graphics are uniform.

AND, this is your first project! My first project didn't look anywhere NEAR this good. So I wish you well in your future endeveours, and hope that some members of the community haven't greatly discouraged you because this has massive potential.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 06:03
Thank you very much for understanding, and i was kind of mad so im not really going to stop making it, even if no one plays it. But yes, im going more for fun than level design. I know i should at least add some more stuff, but the map is already kind of big, so if i add to much more ill loose my good framerate. But im sure your first map was ok! I hope that i make more, and better maps in the future! Thanks for commenting man!

-Josh
I will be starting a youtube channel to show off my FPSC maps and other things that i do
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 06:37
Great screenshots! Just looking at it makes me want that demo sooo badly! What weapons will be in this?

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Come on down to my site at Unleashed FPSCreators
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 06:42 Edited at: 24th Jun 2011 07:03
Wow, suddenly im getting good comments? Something is wrong -___- Ill add the list to the thread 2Beastmode4u!

EDIT: I wish i knew how to make custom gun so i could maybe remake the original dispersion pistol from unreal. Anyone want to give it a go? I attached an image of it if anyone wants to try!

RE-EDIT: Thanks for saying the pictures were good! XD Ill try to add some more, ive added a lot more to it since the screenshots. But im not on my main computer right now, it will have to be tomorrow...

-Josh

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 11:24 Edited at: 24th Jun 2011 11:25
@Dominik: Useless feedback, your post is worth basicaly 1/1000 of the quality of the first post. Please do not do that again, thank you.

Now for the shots, I must say I am very happy to see a remake of unreal deck16, especially as it was my fav.

The screenshots look somewhat a bit empty, but i love how you made the layout look as good as the original. The emptyness was also in hte orignal, altough they filled it in with some good old bots xD. And it was overal a bit more lit up.

Keep this up, like to see what you come up with.

Cheers,

Leo

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 15:24 Edited at: 24th Jun 2011 15:24
Quote: "@Dominik: Useless feedback, your post is worth basicaly 1/1000 of the quality of the first post. Please do not do that again, thank you."

Now, if you do see the potential in the project that I don`t see, if you think copying a trademark map from another game is no problem, very well: Say it. That's your full right!

Just as much as it's mine to post in this forum until a mod decides differently

So c'mon, it's not really worth being rude about, is it? After all, commenting on the inital post is what it's all about (-> back on topic)
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 19:27
Thanks red eye, and screenshots are always different from in game. So it is pretty well lit up, but these screens are kind of old, and i have added a lot more to it since these. Ill post them soon, as for DOMINIK i get where your coming from and don't want to see a good original get ruined. Trust me, i played the old unreal's for like 5 years. This was my favorite map, so im trying my best to make it the best i can. But thanks for commenting guys! If anyone has any questions about this just ask

-Josh
System Specs: AMD Phenom x3 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HD, HD Radeon 5770 1GB, 22in Acer Monitor
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 19:39 Edited at: 24th Jun 2011 19:39
Quote: " Used original Unreal music (i don't know if i can do that or not)"

I don't think that is allowed, since those are copyrighted. Just change it up a bit but still make it sound like it. Mybe make it higher, slower, faster, deeper, ect... and then it should be legal.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 20:56 Edited at: 24th Jun 2011 20:59
@dominik:
Quote: "Now, if you do see the potential in the project that I don`t see, if you think copying a trademark map from another game is no problem, very well: Say it. That's your full right!"

Did you actually read what I said? Did I say:
Quote: "copying a trademark map from another game is no problem"

Nope, can't remember, altough my mind fools me sometimes. Anyways, I think redoing to get it as good or even better is no problem, the textures etc are not from unreal itself so i dont see the problem. And besides that I was refering to what you said...

Quote: "A low quality remake"

...then you said...

Quote: "Don't get me wrong, don't mean to be rude, but take it as honest feedback
"

...I ask myself how can he possible make his game better with your "feedback".

@2Beastmode4u:
Quote: "
I don't think that is allowed, since those are copyrighted. Just change it up a bit but still make it sound like it. Mybe make it higher, slower, faster, deeper, ect... and then it should be legal."

I used them in OriginX because the copyright of most of them have been taken off. Have a search for non copyrighted unreal music.

@Exu Corporations:
This was a one week project made with knxrb, interested? Have a look:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=163781&b=35
The first image you see on the thread is a custom map, altough I am not sure if you are familiar with Facing Worlds? I remade that one and included that in OriginX, a screenshot attached for you.

Cheers,

Leo

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 22:48 Edited at: 24th Jun 2011 22:51
@2Beastmode4u - Ill definitely look for the copyrights and make sure im not using something im not supposed too.

@Red Eye - Very nice sir! You seem to be very good at modeling, wish i was but i guess i could look into more tutorials and other things and maybe get better at it. I will definitely download that as soon as i can and try it out! For one week it looks very good, thanks for commenting guys!

EDIT - The level design looks good as well! Also, do any of you know a good shader for the crates? Because when i place it under a light it looks very out of place, but when i apply a shader that i have that looks ok to all of the crates it really lags the map...

-Josh
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2011 17:58 Edited at: 25th Jun 2011 17:59
Quote: ", the map didn't really have ANYTHING. Just walls, guns, and some crates. I don't know why people can't understand that,"

I think the fact that you keep stating this is one of the problems - it's not that people don't understand, it's that YOU don't understand what they mean. The screen you posted from UT is the perfect example:

From what I gather, you see the screen as lots of walls and 2 boxes.

You know what I see? I see the trapezoid (Yes, I had to look that up) opening in the wall, the slanting archetecture, the shafts of white light, the ambience, the colour of the walls, the light sources, the size of the boxes. Make the map your own, but at the same time, these are all factors that make that a great looking map. There isn't much in it, but it certainly isn't bland.

There are so many things on the forum that could help you recreate some of this and ultimately make this into an excellent learning experience - sadly, I'm out of touch with the goings on on the media forum, so I can't really point you in a specific direction, however:

Look up Cosmic Prophets free scifi packs - they are incredible.

If another member can confirm this, I think Butter Cutter is free now? You might want to look that up to create shaped doorways and such.

Another confirmation needed - Wizard of Id had some excellent segment packs, but I'm unsure if any can still be downloaded.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2011 23:45
Thanks for the comment, but i do realize that there are other things to the map that i have not added to mine. One reason being that i can't, as in im bad at making segments/entities as i have posted in other threads...

As for the Cosmic Prophet scifi packs, i have looked for them and have not found them. The original thread's downloads where down. I tried to look on FPS Files and FPS Media but i did not find it/looked hard enough...

And as for gameplay, i remember always moving. Sometimes camping, but normally i would run around and try to find someone. Meaning that i never really payed attention to the detail of the map. AS i have stated, im trying to take make this fun to play. Not just putting all of my attention onto the details. Obviously i still have a lot of work to do on the map, trust me im still working on it...

Also, why does the size of the boxes matter? Is it helping my map/players at all? I tried to add the smaller crates when i was first making the map, and they did not seem right. As in, the shaders were different so when near light they just looked out of place. I've tried to mess with the shaders but i just lags my map.

EDIT - I have have been working on other sound effects for the guns in this map, i have completed the G22 and am almost finished with the AK47. The .50 Cal is complete, and so is the shotgun. I have posted a video of the G22 and AK in the thread above ^^ Thanks!

-Josh
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2011 06:27 Edited at: 26th Jun 2011 06:36
Some nice work here. Great job.

Quote: "As for the Cosmic Prophet scifi packs, i have looked for them and have not found them. The original thread's downloads where down. I tried to look on FPS Files and FPS Media but i did not find it/looked hard enough..."

I can't speak for FPS-Files, but I do know that Cosmic's media is in fact on FPS-Media. If you check the FPSC Packs link, it takes you to the Packs page, and Cosmic is the first in the list. There is also a Search function on the site- if you type Cosmic, the results would have given you the following:

Unfortunately, our site is down at the moment and will be back up next week. So if you can wait until next week (most likely next weekend to be exact), you can try your search again.

- BlackFox

The function of good software is to make the complex appear to be simple.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2011 20:59
Yea my bad, i just didn't look very hard i guess. And im stupid enough to not use the search bar, but yea i will definitely wait for the site to be up. What happened? Are you just updating it? If you don't mind me asking of course

Quote: "Some nice work here. Great job."

Thanks! I have been at my dad's house the entire weekend so i was unable to continue my work on the map, but tomorrow i should be able to start working on it again.

I also have a question to anyone, are there any slanted walls? I remember when i had X10 back in 2010 that it had slanted walls that came default in scifi and ww2. I could be wrong about this, and just not remembering right. But im pretty sure that there where some slanted walls. Does anyone know where i might obtain these walls if they actually do exist?

-Josh
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2011 00:38
Any updates on this game yet?

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2011 00:53
This game kinda look great, it looks like a great updated version of the classic DOOM

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2011 00:58
Im sorry guys, very sorry. I have kind of discontinued this as i would have to restard the whole thing in multiplayer mode. I have changed to a single player games located here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=186594&b=25

If you want to check it out just click the link!
I will start this map again after i am done with that one, sorry

-Josh

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:46:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:46:11