Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] Worst is over

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2011 10:31 Edited at: 28th Jun 2011 13:18
Hey there guys, a sneak peek at my first game here, only just purchased FPSC and am playing around with it, and this is what I have so far.

Story Neil Ettinghouse (NET) is ex marine corps, he got ahold of some secret government files explaining that there is a fallout at hand, upon reading the information NET was drugged and wakes up in what looks like a science lab. Upon exit he realizes that the world he is in is no longer the same world he is used to...

Screenshot

Thank you for looking

EDIT

Second Screenshot here guys

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2011 14:04 Edited at: 28th Jun 2011 14:07
Huhm so simple design but good for the start.I recommend to use a wall segment to close the dead way.Try to put some stone or grass or maybe tree.It will look like outdoor scene.I recommend yo to download Cosmic Prophet Model.Some of it have a tree model,grass and many more for a good start.I think this game can be great if you always try and try to improve your design.

Go here for cosmic stuff dont say thanks to me,just say thanks to Cosmic Prophet for his model

http://www.fps-files.com/download.php?list.23

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude And Lee Bamber is my icon.
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2011 14:13
As Leon said, a nice start. I recommend downloading the latest update for fps creator (can be found on the tgc website) as it adds 6 years worth of features (as v1 is 6 years old). I also recommend learning how to use lighting (it's actually fairly simple and will make your game look a lot better.

Poloflece

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Less lighting is an integral part of making even the most bland scenes look interesting. The community guide recommendss using lights with radii of 50-300 for indoor lighting, and 300-450 for outdoor lighting. Remember that no light is actually pure white, also.

If you want to get really good at lighting and creating interesting and realistic scenes, study "architectural lighting design" websites as they have lots of great examples.

Cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 11:29:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 11:29:35