Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9+WASP V2] Left To Die

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2011 16:43 Edited at: 10th Aug 2011 12:04
LEFT TO DIE

Story

The story is about soldier that was left behind after they evacuated a city because of a virus that spread in the whole city. The lucky ones who where evacuated fast didn't get the infection the rest where left to die. In the game you will have to go over the whole city and city side to catch up with the the rest of your team and survive the apocalypse. The game will be divided into 2 episodes in the first one there are only outdoor level and in the second there will be only indoor levels (Most of them will be in the sewers). I am making the whole game myself so please be patient.

Screenshots

I would like

Comments and critics, please it helps me.
Shadowdeath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2011 22:20
The screens don't look great. Very open, not alot of detail. Also very bland, generic, and repetitive.

HUD looks nice though. Where'd you get it?
szempek555
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I couldn't really put a lot of detail into it because I have a pretty bad video card and I have a lot of problems with lag. The hud is the Ghost Recon hud that somebody made on this forum. I just modified it because I did not like the original one.
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2011 18:52
Just work a bit on the design AND yes AND!!! use lightmapping thats what a FPSC game really need to doesnt look crappy!!!

Youtube Name: omegamer666
Current project: Its secret
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The screens don't look great. Very open, not alot of detail. Also very bland, generic, and repetitive.

HUD looks nice though. Where'd you get it? "

Its ok you just need a practice

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude And Lee Bamber is my icon.
szempek555
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your comment.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2011 10:34
I agree, once you add lightmapping and shadows your game will look a lot better. A major part of a game is lighting, whether you want it to be scary, or maybe say daytime? Anyways, it looks good but it still needs work obviouslly. I use that hud as well!

-Josh
Website is under construction
System Specs: AMD Phenom x3 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HD, HD Radeon 5770 1GB, 22in Acer Monitor
szempek555
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your comment. I will be remaking it I will add more detail and music and lightmapping because I will be getting a new video card in a few days.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
This is obviously a work in progress and should be posted in the WIP section, its far from even a finished level.
This board is getting real cluttered with locked threads and threads that dont meet the criteria of the rules for posting, in my opinion it looks bad and it shouldn't be too difficult to clean up, but thats just my opinion.
Maybe I dont get the rules around here entirely.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=143014&b=35

This board is a showcase, if it goes on the way it is we wont be doing TGC (or the users who post finished demo's and games, after using te wip board to get crits and comments to improve it) any favours with the mess its getting into.

Sorry for using your thread to go on this rant, your level is very cool and interesting albeit unfinished.

A Mod has been erased by your signature.
szempek555
Years of Service
User Offline
This a full game not a work in progress only this is the first episode it's only four levels long.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes this game needs a lot of work but keep at it and maybe ask a mod to have this thread moved to WIP.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2011 06:27
Yeah i would suggest posting in the WIP sections. Also, try not to add so many entities. And or make your map smaller. Have different levels, instead of just one flat level. My computer can run 60fps on most FPSC games, i got to 4fps on yours... But im hoping the sequel will be better!

-Josh
System Specs: AMD Phenom x3 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HD, HD Radeon 5770 1GB, 22in Acer Monitor
szempek555
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I don't know how it runs only 4 fps on your computer when I get at lest 15fps and more and my computer is much bader then yours but I'am getting HD Radeon 5770 1gb video card this week so I will be updating the tread soon.
szempek555
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to ask a administer to move my thread to the WIP section. Thank you
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2011 21:26
Well i got it down to 4fps, i didn't mean it was 4fps the whole time. But still you need to make the map smaller as 15fps is horrid...

-Josh
Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
I said it once, I've said it a thousand times. I'll say it again. Lighting my friend! Especially during night scenes lighting is crucial, and I will suggest to you what I have suggested to others:
study architectural lighting design and websites relating to the subject. Great examples of how lighting makes even the most bland places look reall really cool.

Bottoms up from right to left
szempek555
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm working on the lighting.
szempek555
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to ask for some help with making my game. I have a big problem with lag and the low fps but I don't have a very bad computer. I would like to ask what can I do to get more fps out of my game. I have change most of the entity's to static mode because I read that that helps but I only got 1 or 2 fps more but the size of the levels got bigger only. So if someone can help I would really thank that.
cjkidbravo
Years of Service
User Offline
I could help you, after all, i'm working on a zombie game like this one
szempek555
Years of Service
User Offline
I would really appreciate that. By the way I like your Conflict game I was thinking of making something like that.
Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually I see no reason for those random blood splatters on the walls and floors.
There should be a corpse on them or near them.
If you tell me someone picked up those corpse then I say if there is a blood splatter on the wall so there should be under it again.

Have our guns was a mistake!!!

I am PaYaM
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2011 01:52
If you are limited by your computer, I'd forget about the large open levels for now and stick with indoors. You'll be able to add more detail to the levels and fill them up a bit, without having to worry so much about your FPS.
szempek555
Years of Service
User Offline
I have finally finished remaking the lighting so I will be uploading new screenshots tomorrow.
szempek555
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like a admin to delete this thread because I lost the files for the game when I reinstalled my pc and I will not be restart it again I'm sorry to all the people that would liked to play it and I'm angry to because I have just finished remaking. But I will be starting into a new project soonly.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2011 21:39
Quote: "because I lost the files for the game when I reinstalled my pc"

I am/was in a lot of modding communities, both on englisch spoken and german boards...

...but only in this community I have to endure every couple of weeks another ridiculous story of "lost/vanished/corrupted/destroyed" files.

Why don't you self-proclaimed game developers tell the freaking truth - that the DOG ATE YOUR GREAT GAME

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
szempek555
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm really sorry that you don't believe me but this is the truth I don't have a reason to lie. I know I was stupid that I didn't make a backup but it totally want out of my head.
3Bit
Years of Service
User Offline
Hard to believe but okay.

3Bit
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2011 13:05 Edited at: 9th Oct 2011 13:06
Quote: " Why don't you self-proclaimed game developers tell the freaking truth..."

LOL. I agree there do seem to be a lot of abandoned projects which doesn't do FPSC's reputation much good. I think the fact that games can be thrown together so easily and quickly is a double edged sword. The thing I found (and I can see this with other newbies' threads) is that I was so keen to get a WIP thread going I didn't take the time to think about what I was making or where it was going. It was only after I had started (and abandoned) 3 or 4 games that I actually settled on a project that I felt was good enough to see through.

Looking back it was bad practice and I can see why it annoys the longer serving forumites, but unfortunately I can see it continuing to be a necessary part of growing up as a self-proclaimed developer.

Let's hope szempek555 learnt a lot from the process (especially concerning the need for regular data archiving) and we get an even better project as a result!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 11:03:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 11:03:44