Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / can i use this software in DBpro? (nOOb)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all
First thanks for getting to the thread and helping
I want to make a very funyy simple FPS shooting game and sell it
Can I use this program with DBpro?
http://www.hufsoft.com/darkbasic/page2.html
If not do you know other program that can I use to build levels and use it for commercial use and DBpro know how to upload it
How to do a menu fir my game?
To chose resolution and stuff
Thanks all!!!
Fireburst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2002 23:20
You would be better off using BSP for a FPS (assuming it will be mainly indoor levels). You can convert .x files to BSP maps with a converter that is supplies with DBpro but it's very problematic to use at the moment. Expect this to work better with future patches.

You can also build BSP maps with editors like Quark or Worldcraft but you must be carefull with Worldcraft as you cannot use it to make commercial games without paying a hefty licence fee.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 00:48
Hmmmmm, I can see u have very little DB programming experience. If I was u, I'd first run some tutorials b4 start planning in making a comercial game and even sell it. Believe me, the first 20-30 tries u won't make any good. Sell it, well... we all here for years still praticing. Take easy bub

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
-- Rogue

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:19:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:19:59