Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Sprite Collision help please...Indi are ya' out there?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

Attached is my code. It's pretty simple to follow and for the most part it works great.

Problem 1; Mirror Sprite does not work, it acts like DBPro is ignoring that line.

Problem 2; My Sprite collision does not seem to register a sprite impact or overlay.

>image 1 = background
>image 114 = enemy sprite
>playerframe# = images 100-113 that make up the walk cycle, it works fine, the animation that is.

Anyone have any insight as to why this being difficult for me to understand?

thanx everyone

P4 2.4/ 1gig Ram /GeForce3
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2003 06:54
I think the problem is your using a real number for the sprite numbers, 'playerframe#', use integer numbers. also your using PASTE SPRITE to display the sprite, but calling MIRROR SPRITE will flip the sprite , which is located with SPRITE command. SPRITE COLLISION also only works with the real sprite location, 'where the sprite is set with the SPRITE command, not the PASTE SPRITE which does nothing more then draw the image that the sprite is currently using NOT the SPRITE sprite location can only be changed with the SPRITE command or MOVE SPRITE command.

If you still have problems let me know I post a example after I see what you come up with.

CTP
CodeOrc
Years of Service
User Offline
I will re-work the code and see what I can do. Your reply is very insightful and is bringing some things to light. I've been staring at my code for 3 days scatching my head, and reading the 'very limited' built in help examples.

I'll post again in a couple days to show you what I've got.

I appreciate your help.

P4 2.4/ 1gig Ram /GeForce3
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2003 03:53
I kinda cringe at being singled out, theres heaps of helpfull people here who can provide support for you if i dont reply in time. dont worry tho, looks like its resolved.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 16:17:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 16:17:56