Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Need extra parameter for Limb Direction x/y/z() Limb Position x/y/z()

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2011 08:24
Okay this is more of a feature request than a bug. But i don't know where else to put this post. Several people have posted on this and no one has really gotten any solutions.

I need a command that returns the parent space rotation and position values for a limb(some people refer to this as gimbal or local), rather than world space rotation and position.

I'd imagine adding an additional flag for these two operations to return parent space values would make the most sense.

If we had this, we could write our own animation blending functions instead of relying on third party stuff which generally never works the way I want it to, if it works at all.

Please please please help me )
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2011 15:16 Edited at: 7th Aug 2011 23:09
Your problem may be already solved. I'm not an expert in limb usage yet but, AFAIK:
- limb direction returns world rotation, limb angle (x, y, z) command returns local rotation;
- limb position returns world position, limb offset (x, y, z) command returns local position.

I'm using Dark GDK but the same commands must exist in DB Pro as well. Does that help?

EDIT: Sorry, I found in the meantime that limb angle does not work with animations, so it probably doesn't help you after all.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:26:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:26:06