Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Object is made of limb?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2011 21:01
I am new at 3d modeling. Today I made my 1st "3d model" by blender, exported into .3ds, but when I load it in my game, it has 1 limb. If I delete that limb it disappears. What was made wrong? How to make loaded object to be Object itself but not a Limb?

My game object movement depends on one (the first one) limb added at (0,0,1) local coordinates of object and hidden to get some vector later. I have all the limbs that will be used in separate object files, so the object would be constructed inside program.
I would use totally 2 limbs for a tank so 1 helps to rotate whole tank and another to rotate turret.

added models -->

Join The dark Side! We have cookies

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2011 03:00
That limb is the whole object, when you delete that limb, your deleting the whole object.

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger that 600 x 120.
Kiaurutis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2011 23:12
When i load a box object (make object box object number, x,y,z), i can add an limb number 1 to box. In this case box object is not a limb. Can i make my model be not a limb but object itself? I don't know how to express that... too few understanding about objects. I want to be able to add a limb number 1 to my object inside of my game.

I was hoping someone will answer this, but I found some kind a solution:

I load object, then extract its mesh and later rebuild object from mesh

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 19:25 Edited at: 6th Jul 2011 19:31
It never was a limb in the first place, it will act as a whole object no matter if it's counted as a limb or not. every object is technically a limb, you can call limb commands on a whole object... EVERY object has 1 limb, in this case the Limb number is 0, it doesn't matter if your object has limbs or not.

EDIT:
Wait, do you mean that you want to make this tank a whole object in game?

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger that 600 x 120.
GregA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 20:02 Edited at: 6th Jul 2011 20:02
I am having very good luck exporting multiple mesh( and texture, and animation) objects from blender using the very nice and new .x exporter for blender, then bringing the whole thing into DBpro intact. I even have a plan to bring my physics bits in through the same pipeline, and I suspect it will all work very nicely.

You enable it by clicking File-User Preferences, then clicking the import-export option and clicking the checkbox next to the directx export tool.

Here enjoy a movie of an interactive menu I made using this technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjR__t533H8
Kiaurutis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2011 17:46 Edited at: 9th Jul 2011 13:48
@travis

I think I understand what you say when I make object box it is stored in limb number 0, and when import object from file it is limb number 1.
There is some rule that limbs must be added consequently: number 1, number 2, number 3... if try to add number 5, it returns error.
If my tank model is made from 1 mesh, does it has limb number 0?

@Greg

I will check that a little later. Am not so skilled in 3d creating to make animated, textured objects yet, so will stick to building objects from pieces inside program. But when game is performing at least 90% of what it should do, I will start to optimize everything, make nice looking models and etc

[EDIT]

Found the "import/export directX model format". It is hidden in File>User preferences>Add-ons
maybe my blender version differs little from yours

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 18:18:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 18:18:51