Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Making sprites with transparecy help please.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2003 19:15
Hi all basically I have MS Paint and GIMP. I've been trying to make a 2D sprite with transparency, but can't get it as a .bmp as the GIMP says .bmp can't handle transparency.

I can tell it to ignor, but that usually doesn't work out well. IS there another format for sprites I can use such as .tga or .gif maybe?

He who stands on toilet is high on pot!
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2003 22:55
.tga and .png support transparency i think, also play around with set sprite alpha if you have dbpro, or set image colorkey.
areas that are black are transparent aswell.

Go on, click on my signature image, you know you want to
Favourite smiley>>>
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2003 02:16
By default, black areas of BMP images are automatically transparent. You can change the transparent colour by using SET IMAGE COLORKEY as red_eye almost but not quite said
Zen_Budha
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2003 06:04
Ok so black os automatically transparent. I guess that means anything I want to stay black should actually be like rgb 15, 15, 15 instead of 0, 0, 0
Of course I don't know why they didn't put something explaining that in the 2D basic commands part.

He who stands on toilet is high on pot!
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2003 06:18
If you have dbpro just use the gimp to set the transparacy in a png file. Dbpro will use this transpancy when it loads the image. Image sizes will also be smaller compared to bmp.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 22:06:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 22:06:23