Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Best sound fx program ( Request Name Only )

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 18:30 Edited at: 14th Jul 2011 18:31
hey !!

need a name for the best sound making program maybe get me a name from the thread " A Place To Start "

Bye

Edit :

easy too guys

Am the original Game Builder ... Stop Looking At my Sig.

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 00:19 Edited at: 15th Jul 2011 00:41
Quote: "need a name for the best sound making program maybe get me a name from the thread " A Place To Start ""

Why couldn't you have just looked at the thread?

It really depends on what you mean by sound - If you are talking about sound effects like footsteps, shattering glass etc etc etc, there is no program that will allow you to customly make that kind of sound. You are either looking at purchasing equipment and recording them yourself or using sample packs with various prerecording sounds on them.

For recording and mixing sound effects, ProTools is the industry standard software, but you cannot "make" sound effects, unless the specific sounds you want can be make using a MIDI synth, in which case, Logic is a good bet and has a range of synthesizers.
GregA
Years of Service
User Offline
I use Acid Studio, and I purchase the loop libraries from Sony.

Here is a track I made with their 8bit sound effects in about an hour earlier today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqyFR7_c20o
monkeyboy7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 23:04 Edited at: 7th Sep 2011 18:19
I agree with monkey--Pro Tools is a great program for sound effects editing. But like he said, you can't "make" sound effects without having a ton of source recordings. You can either create these source recordings yourself (in a process commonly referred to as foley), or you can acquire them from a large sound database.

Large sound databases are almost impossible to find online, so I suggest asking your local school if you can pull some sounds. Keep in mind that complicated sound effects can have dozens of sounds involved, so you're going to want a large selection.

Another way to find sounds is simply to record them yourself. My uncle runs a property maintenance company, so we get to travel outdoors a lot (we live in Ontario, Canada). I've gotten some really good close recordings of sounds like running water and leaves rustling.

With that said, you're going to need to proper microphone to record different sounds in the field. Bird recordings, for example, need shotgun mics for the long distance, and a satellite-shape attachment to better capture the sound.

Anyway, good luck!

"No matter where you go, there you are."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:06:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:06:28