Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Using Blitzwerks terrain with grass and so-on

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2011 12:37
I bought the advenced version of the Blitzwerks terrain. I get how it works, it is very straight forward. How do i place entities and trees and buildings and every thing else? i kinda thought that it included an terrain editor in the package, but i can't find one. I have changed the tutorial's files and i see how it works. Its kinda fun to work with gimp and painter. I just need to know how i do the above.

=JohnA=
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
It doesn't have a terrain editor I'm afraid. You have to add trees and things yourself. You can place the trees are random positions by selecting random X and Z positions, then using this to find the height of the terrain at that point.

JohnA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2011 18:47
Thank yhou Indicium. I was wondering if anyone could give me an example, maybe? it seem very hard to do this. I'm a visual learner, hunt and pick doesn't seem to serve me well. I have a trail version of the T.E.D and it is basic but seems doiable. Does the blitzwerk compiler work with the terran generated from the T.E.D?

-JohnA-

Johnny
Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 08:21
for my own custom blitz terrain world editor, I put the camera top down and used the mouse to control an object eg,tree and have a clone routine so that you can stamp the trees onto the terrain via
bt getgroundheight(terrain,x,z)
do the same with other objects, maybe use the number keys to select different buildings and models.

With a little effort you could export a file with the objects and their positions which could be read by the game engine you are using the terrain in.

I personally use randomized tree positions cross checked against height values. i just use the mouse to raise and lower terrain.

also, blitz terrain will work with a heightmap or a blitz terrain file, i think T.E.D exports as a model which would not work with blitzterrain.

kezzla

Sometimes I like to use words out of contents
JohnA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 09:50
this is great help kezzla. What did you use for an editor, i don't have one and that is what I was asking in terms of how to do it without an editor, if you have one would you be willing to share some code from it ? I am tottaly lost, well , somewhat lost when it comes to figuring out the terrain with out a visual aid. ty.

Johnny
JohnA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2011 12:49
thanks for all the help, big doh on my end, i own 3d world studio, and i found out that it has a terrain ediotur that does what i need

Heres Johnny

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 11:10:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 11:10:40