Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Making sprites?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2011 15:16
Hi, since I allready have an idea for the game that im going to create when AppGameKit is released i thought that I could start to create som media. But I have one question, if im going to create a animated sprite, does it have to be one file/frame or can it be something like a animated Gif image?

Allso what file formats does agk suport?

Srry about my english im from sweeden
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2011 17:57
I doubt that .gif will be supported. I would use tile sheets, so you might have a grid of 16x16 frames in a tile sheet, then you create an animated sprite from that. I haven't checked the sprite commands in detail, but I need to do this for an idea I have, so I'll check and get back to you - but I'm sure you'd be able to set the tile etc for a sprite, or at least set the UV coordinates so you can make your own tile system.

So preserve your sanity and stick to tile sheets, and I'll let you know how AppGameKit will support them soon.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2011 18:39
Just checked, and AppGameKit has all the sprite commands you would need, it lets you specify tile set properties like tile width and height, and also lets you adjust UV coordinates.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2011 20:05
Awaome, thanks for the info!

Srry about my english im from sweeden

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 15:37:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 15:37:38