Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / How do I make an Image/Sprite Transparent Using MS Paint???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How do I make an Image/Sprite Transparent Using MS Paint???
I noticed that black SEEMS to be transparent but I'm not so sure...
I'm just a beginner and needs help. Thank you.
RedRain
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Hunter,

You are quite correct. What you'll need to do is to draw your sprite and then colour or fill all of the areas you wish to appear as transparent to black. It must be ABSOLUTE black though (i.e: R=0, G=0, B=0). Anything other than this will not appear as transparent when the sprite is drawn. I believe you can change which colour maps to the transparent value from within your DB project (i.e instead of Black, use white, or red etc) but I can't remember the exact terminology. I'll post it up when I've had a chance to think... Monday morning and only one coffee so far...

Also DB's SPRITE command will display a sprite with transparency by default, but if you do have any problems with sprites not appearing with transparency (i.e big black blocks around them), use the SET SPRITE command - SPRITE (Sprite No., Backsave, Transparency) - for the sprite in question and ensure that the transparency parameter is set to 1.

Hope that helps!
RedRain
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I remembered... use SET IMAGE COLORKEY to change the colour you wish to appear as transparent!
Hunter
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
And another thing...Don't bother with MSPaint at all.
Dsarchy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2003 20:03
get gimp its free (replacement for photoshop )

?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 12:25:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 12:25:59