Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Image Kit V2 - Now Open Source!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 14:43
Hello everyone,

I've decided to make this project open source to everyone. I will provide a download link to an original version of Image Kit V2 (the latest 'official' release) in this post. The next post will contain all C++ files and MSVC++ Express 2010 project file to compile to this version.

The original thread can be found here for more information.

Why the change of heart? Well, I've noticed that the amount of time I'm spending on the TGC forums has decreased significantly. Not only this, the time I spend on TGC products has also decreased. The reason for this being that my interests have shifted a bit (to electronics), and well, I haven't got as much time on my hands as I used to. In any case, I think Image Kit still has its useful features, so I thought the community would benefit from it more if I made it open source.

So, this project is now free for everyone to learn from it, improve, edit or whatever you fancy. Have fun!

Cheers!
Sven B

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 14:44
MSVC++ Express 2010 project and .cpp files are included in this post.

Sven B

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
Is this compatible with darkgdk?
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 11:56
Nice Sven B, I will most certainly look at this, that was an excellent plugin btw

Quote: "my interests have shifted a bit (to electronics)"

If you have any questions or need help in that area, PM me

TheComet

Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 11:56 Edited at: 1st Aug 2011 14:50
Hi Dodga,

I haven't compiled it for DGDK for the simple reason that I have no experience whatsoever with DGDK (only pure C++ and D3D). So I have no idea how hard it would be to alter it for compiling to DGDK.

Sven B

[edit] TheComet, sorry I missed your post because I replied at the same time. Thanks! I really hope that people will find this useful.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2011 11:54
That's mighty kind of you @SvenB!

I'm sorry to hear you're moving away from TGC forums somewhat as you have been an enormous help, provided some great free tools and generally been an inspiration to many people!

In my opinion you deserve a "Valued Member" status far more than I do! Hopefully someone in the right position will see this post and agree

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 14:15
A very valuable contribution Sven B. I don't have the ability to do anything with the source myself, but I hope others do. I use your Image Kit in all my projects now where image resizing is required. For this one command, it is invaluable.

Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2011 21:48
I'm really glad that this plugin is of good use. Thanks for the support! Bigger projects (like this one) will be hard to keep developing, especially in the near future, but I'll try to write something once in a while on the forum. It IS still the place where I learned most of my programming skills .

Also, thanks for writing about this in the newsletter. That made my day! (It even might have been the first time I was mentioned)

Cheers!
Sven B

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2011 00:35
thanks for this, i will read it soon, will be very useful for my engine =)

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 07:15
Thanks going to compile it in the morning..

Life is a short trip to another world

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 22:08:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 22:08:08