Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Some DB Pro issues so far...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
1. It crashes when you define a complex type within a function. I had a function called "setuptypes" wherein to put all my types and it crashed. I just took them out, no problem, but it's something to be aware of.

2. I'm getting a major slow-down when migrating from DB1. What things could possibly be slower in DBPro?

3. This may be a silly question, but in the editor can you fold up "procedures" without having them be functions? I can't seem to find a way. It would be neet if you could.
Viktor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 12:32
2. READ BYTE from file is slower than in DB 1.x, GOTO/GOSUB to larger subroutines is slower. If you run some Background Tasks (Like FlashGet), commands may be slowe (BOX for example is slowed down circa 100 times by FlashGet 1.2). DO...LOOP...
Okay, I let you find out what other commands are slower. You can use this:
stime=TIMER()
Insert commands for test here, use bigger FOR...NEXT loops.
etime=timer():print "Used ";etime-stime;" ms."

Ratty Rat
Years of Service
User Offline
1. I think there was a listing for something like this in the release 3 bug fix list I found in another post here.
2. I have not found this problem, but as Viktor says it may be only certain commands. I have noted a few people saying that early GFX Card drivers, with poor DX8 support can cause slow down, so maybe thats it. The next compiler releases are supposed to have some optimisation flags you can set, so these may also help.
3. No
ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys. I am completely re-writing my game anyhow. Now that we have types, a ton of enemy ships are much easier to manage.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 07:13:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 07:13:07