Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Lost of Quality from the Images

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, so im working on the save game in my games and now ive noticed that my images are loosing quality...

Dont know why ... is there anything that may cause this?

PS: my images are .PNG encrypted but i changed the extension to my own extension called .idi (Island Defender Image) just for decoy some graphics robbers.

Here's a print on pause menu Original / Ingame

Original: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/pausei.png/
Ingame: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/quality.png/

C++ Medium 3.5/5
VB6 Advanced: 4/5
VB.NET Advanced: 4/5
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2011 22:28 Edited at: 30th Jul 2011 22:28
looks like the size is reduced/increased in the in-game image which causes stretching

vitinho444
Years of Service
User Offline
well, i maximized the window... is there a command to use the same resolution as the player screen?

C++ Medium 3.5/5
VB6 Advanced: 4/5
VB.NET Advanced: 4/5
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2011 18:45 Edited at: 31st Jul 2011 18:47
By "player screen", do you mean the desktop? These Windows commands get you the current desktop width and height:

In the newer versions of Dark GDK, these should work as well:

Then you can set your Dark GDK window to the same resolution (for example with dbSetDisplayMode or dbSetDisplayModeAntialias).

However, this won't solve a sprite sizing problem. You design your game for a certain number of pixels, a certain horizontal and vertical resolution, on which it looks right. If the program is run at a different resolution, sprites will be either too big, too small, or distorted (if the aspect ratio is different).

One solution is to run your game in a non-resizable window, i.e. to force the player to use the same resolution as you. The other is to use the desktop resolution of the player, but make black bars around the image if it's smaller than the desktop.
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2011 18:45
Try to load them without mipmapping (,1 at the end)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 11:10:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 11:10:39