Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] OPS- Favela (Defy the Odds compo)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2011 00:13 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2011 00:15
Well about differences between Level Builders and Game Designers.

I'm awesomer than you dude at keeping polies low! xD

I hate how sarcasm translates in text.

Abdul Ahad

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2011 12:47 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2011 16:45
oooookay, note to myself: hunt down and kidnapp for later optimization:
bugsy, abdulahad, wolf? jop, him also, storyteller? well, why not...
so need enough rope, some chairs, food for 4 man 8 weeks, an empty building, electricity, some toys for torture if they wont work ....

backtoreality:

i also agree with storyteller, but you forget some things:

not all "developers" (i dont like this word, nearly all of us are hobby-workers) are on the same stage of progress, so be gentle.
there are some "14yo kids" around (not to see this negative or get stuck on that age, even 40s can be naive/stupid^^) and naturally with this some naive thoughts and behavior, but i think thats ok, you need this to develop yourself, and community needs this because 1% of them will become the "new wolfs" in the future.
not all of us want to do new awesome stuff, there are a few people that only want to do a short&stupid zombieshooter for their friends. is it neccessary to do a wip-thread for work like that? no, but it shows life in this forum and its fun to see, and they can be proud of their first steps nevertheless others see junk or genius, so they show it.
no one of us can do all the stuff of a "nearAAA/good/great/whatever"-game on its own, NO ONE. cinematics, animation, modelling, design, levelbuild, cleaning, music, sounds ... too much for one person, so in my view there is nothing wrong in presenting a good wip and ask for help on some parts of the project, thats why many people do wip-threads, not so much to present work but as a plattform to get people interested in the game and join the team.
others simply cut out the parts they cant do themself. i think thats not a good way to come to a good end as mentioned, especially that all aspects of gamemaking are essential for the final product, so why dont get help by a forum-member who can do a better job on a specific part of your project? but you need a wip to get those people interested.

there are more aspects of this, and storyteller sounds a bit harsh on his message without a "well, but everyone has to start".

just my2cents

edit: for my own, you havent seen a wip by me, simply because i am a noob that works on his basic map for 2-3 months now to get a base for my project. you will see a wip when i am done with this, so category1.
i will build up large outdoor areals with masses of weapons and enemies and a minimum of 4 chapters a 5 levels: category2. but as said i work on this for 3 months now, and it works fine even without a total cleanup, so good way to category1.
and yes, its my first project in gamemaking (except stupid experiments on my old amiga 20 years before^^) so i am excited and got illusions of grandeur and think MY game is the ultimate breakthrough for fpsc, YES!^^ category 2
i am aware of my stupidity, but you need this euphoric feeling in your first steps to dont give up the whole thing. in fact that i know this: category 1.

i think as everyone here i am both, part developer1, part 2.
its just a question of experience ...in using and knowing the tools you use to tranform your thought and pictures in mind into a medium of your choice

and for this thread: bugsy is not one of the unexperienced guys around here, so i think (hope) that storytellers comment is a little misplaced here, but as said in basics it is well spoken
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Maho... even tho you did a long review/opinion or whatever, You have a horrible grammar (not that its needed) and i really cant get what you mean...

I THINK you're trying to say that FPSC is a fun tool? Well...that depends on the person...

Take for example (I know I know!) The engine Unreal Development Kit

There's been serious games with it (The Ball,Batman Arkham Asylum,etc.) and people like me, just joke around it making simple scenes with a few enemies...get my point?

It depends on what you're using it, some people actually Gain money from their fpsc games, Other just play around, Wolf, for example, is a great developer (DEVELOPER), That takes FPSC seriously.

You cant define an ENGINE by its form of rendering/graphics/cliche the engine is 'see', Breaking through that, FPSC is a great engine, ENGINE i mean, it maybe used as a fun tool, but it depends on the will of the person, and the creativity.

Lets get into serious stuf
--------------------------------------
What about the blue text?.
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2011 10:39 Edited at: 24th Aug 2011 13:08
sorry james, my english is a bit rusted these days^^

i dont want to say anything about the engine (wrong place), just want to show storyteller that there are different people working with fpsc and that not all of them will do wolf-stuff or a pro-presentation in a wip. different reasons for that, could be simple mind, lack of experience through age or because they are beginners.
so bad wips or unfinished projects are natural for people with less experience or more naive thoughts than the botb-people around.

and NO, i dont think fpsc is a fun-tool, its a level-editor like every other out there, but badly optimized with some major lags through programming and the language used.
other thing is that there are no pro-sampled teams on a main-project to get optimum results. third: no one here does a unique mod for a single game, but that is what is done with pro games.
as long as this is not done, no one can proof if fpsc is a funtool or not
TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 03:35
Quote: "1. There are NO multiplayer games for FPSC, and by that i mean something i would want to play a lot"

Ive seen 2 one here on the fourms then one that was made in 2009 it pretty outdated

Joey-May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
Favourite Game-Call Of Duty MW2
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 05:28
@defiler - Check out his other OPS game in the Showcase, it is just as good as this one! So i doubt he will discontinue this one..

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 06:40
can a mod
PLEASE LOCK
this thread.

imageflock.com/img/1303928322.png[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 15:21:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 15:21:41