Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Very large total object animation frame count

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 01:17 Edited at: 11th Aug 2011 01:18
What's wrong with dbTotalObjectFrames()?
If I export a model with 176 keyframes from FragMotion, this command displays a total frame count of 35000!
I'm using dbSetObjectFrame() to do my animations, but I don't want to skip like 200 frames each time when I should be just skipping 1.
Is this a problem of DarkGDK or may it be an issue related to FragMotion?

Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
I always have the same issue with 3dsmax, usually I find its the settings im exporting with. Like theres a certain way you can export it where its doesnt just save the key frames, but each frame in between as it moves from keyframe to keyframe. Hopefully that helps, play around with the settings a bit.
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 12:33
Unfortunatly you can't change any export settings for the .dbo format in FragMotion

Well, I'm just applying a time scale factor of 200 when setting frames now. That seems to work fine in most cases...

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 14:16 Edited at: 11th Aug 2011 14:19
i believe animations are blended to form this numbers, this makes it much smoother, so instead of jumping from keyframe 1 to 2, you will, for example, run 100 keyframes, that provides a much smoother look

looks like if you call dbTotalObjectFrames() / realKeyframesCount, you will find how many keyframes are made for every real keyframe, so if you skip <dbTotalObjectFrames() / realKeyframesCount>, you are skipping 1 real frame, though, i don't think you should step like that, better make it smoother and run from one real keyframe to another through all "blended" keyframes, make use of them

_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 17:20
Yeah, I just realized that these blended keyframes are actually quite useful. Like for playing animations in slow-motion.

I wonder if the keyframe scale factor is always like 200 though...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 10:41:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 10:41:07