Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / High Pitched Noise

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Whenever I have any program window open that was made with DBP, there is a high pitched noise that comes from within my computer. If I click and drag the window, it stops while the window is being dragged. This occurs both when compiling, and just running the .exe. If I leave any window open too long I start to get a headache!

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there a fix?
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 12:36
I often get it if I allow my programs to run at maximum speed, i.e. sync rate 0. If I cap the frame rate to something sensible like 60, i.e. sync rate 60, then the problems go away. In my case I'm told it's something to do with audible high frequency interference being generated by the graphics card.
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 16:43 Edited at: 15th Aug 2011 16:43
That sound is most likely coming from your video card's memory chips. This isn't unusual.

If you're worried about it, wrap a piece of paper into a funnel and see if you can pinpoint the source.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:26:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:26:13