Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Question about Photoshop

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have some textures that I found on the internet. For whatever reason though, the 4 vertical rows of pixels from the right side of the texture have somehow been moved to the left side, so basically the entire texture has been moved four pixels to the left and the 4 rows of pixels on the right have been "wrapped" around on to the left side. I can fix this easily enough by just copying and pasting the four rows on the left, moving them to the right and just nudging the entire texture to the left by four pixels, but it's annoying and not practical when I have a lot of textures to do.

So my question is, is there a way in Photoshop to nudge the entire image to one side and have the pixels that overlap with the edge of the frame carry around and appear on the opposite side?

Wierd question but I really need to know

Yes, it is me.
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 16:10
Seems like the perfect little utility to program in DBpro.

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to 600 x 120.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 04:39
I'd say you have a bigger issue to consider if all the images you download have this happening.

But if the texture is just wrapping around anyway, it should still tile just fine.

But yes PS has an offset image feature that will wrap the edges around.

erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2011 03:45
Filter > other > offset
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
In Photoshop there are also Actions, and Batch. A batch is an automatic way of performing the same action on lots of files. You need to record the Filter > other > offset, and then Photoshop will allow you to play that back on an entire folder. It will automatically offset all of the images in that folder.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:01:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:01:00