Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Crash on Compile Run and Broadcast

Author
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 17:28
Hi all, just downloaded the AppGameKit, very excited, but when I try to either Compile, Run and Broadcast my app, or even run it, it says that the game has stopped working and crashes... The game compiles fine but it will crash when it tries to run it in the viewer.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit. Perhaps it's a 64bit incompatibility? I'd like to get it sorted so that I can start making some games!

Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox
www.msoa-game.com
www.facebook.com/malevolencegame
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 17:31
I'm also using Windows 7 64 bit, so I don't think that is causing it. Does this happen with all the default examples?
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 17:37
So far as I can tell, yes

For example, if I run the "Smack It" demo, it comes up and says "SmackIt Has Stopped Working. Windows is trying to find a solution to the problem." and it just sits there.

www.msoa-game.com
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 17:50
If you go to the folder the windows exe was created "AGK\Projects\Basic\Examples\Games\SmackIt" and run SmackIt.exe on it's own do you get the same result? If so does right clicking on it and choosing "Run as administrator" work?

If it still doesn't work can you send me that exe to my email address below.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 17:57
I'm on windows 7, x64 and it works for me. It could by your computer? You have the most up to date direct x and things? Running in administrator mode?

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 16:12
Hi, so I tried running the exe on its own and it crashes. Running in administrator mode doesn't do anything and neither does trying to run it with compatibility.

I tried running it on my wife's PC (she has Windows 7 32bit) and it works fine, but on mine it just crashes to the "This program has stopped working" screen... I have the latest DirectX and video card drivers, so I'm not sure what the problem could be...

www.msoa-game.com
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 16:44
That suggests something on the machine itself doesn't like the exe. Are you using any anti-virus software? Do you have Data Execution Prevention turned on for all programs?

You could try installing the VS redistributable package http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5582
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 16:48
Hi Paul,

I have the latest C++ redistributable and actually have VS2008 Enterprise installed... I'm running McAfee virus scanner, but it has mentioned nothing about the programs, and even when I turn off real-time protection I get the same problem...

The install of Windows 7 is a clean one, too. Aside from McAfee, VS2008 and all of the DarkBasic suite (and drivers, etc) there's nothing else on the machine... It's really odd...

www.msoa-game.com
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 17:14
All Windows updates installed?
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 17:35
Yes indeed. Just finished doing the latest one yesterday.

www.msoa-game.com
Zubby1970
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK Studio Always
Posted: 17th Aug 2011 16:10
i know this is a pain, but the quickest result around this is probably to reinstall windows from scratch, I hate doing this myself but every now and again its the only option.

before you turn to that drastic measure though try running a registry fix on the system see if that helps. and maybe even uninstall Mcafe anti virus. if that does not solve it i sugest format and reinstall.

Im running a amd x6 16 gig of mem 1gig nvidia 560 gt, windows 7 64bit bullguard anti virus got vis studio 2010++ installed with direct x 9 10 , 11. all seams to work fine no crashes as of yet. the last time i had issues like this it was Avast anti virus that was causing the problems no dbpro program would run including final exe.

There can only be one
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2011 17:10
Nope, Paul Johnston found the fix! I was, for some reason, missing the DirectSound mp3 codecs! Installing the K-Lite codec pack fixed the problem immediately

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.htm

www.msoa-game.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:17:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:17:38