Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Packaging your app [Xcode - iOS]

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
All seems to be working fine in latest version of Xcode 3.

I copied the sample iOS project file, renamed it, put in my code and all compiles & executes fine.

Some questions on customisation:

1. The iOS empty template has this extra line of code when compared to the Windows empty template. What does this do exactly? Can I safely also include it in the Windows code?

// App prototype
void AppForceExit ( void );

2. I renamed the project name from Template to MyGame. However there are still many references left to Template in the final package. The Bundle Name in Info.plist still shows Template.
A little list of what to change and where, would make beginner's life easier.

3. Media directory structure is dropped in final package so all assets show in root. Is there some compile option in Xcode to keep the directory structure inside the final bundle?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Different resolution Icon and Splash screens for Iphone 3GS and Ipad and working perfectly.

If I put in Default@2x.png (retina size) in my project, this appears as the Splash screen for Iphone4.

However if i put icon@2x.png in my project, this is not used in iPhone4. Icon-72.png (ipad resolution) is used instead.

Am i doing something wrong, or is this something you could fix?
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2011 12:48
Here's how to handle renaming when using Xcode 4:

Go to App Game Kit/IDE/templates.

Copy and paste the folder template_ios_xcode4.

Rename the folder template_ios_xcode4 copy to MyGame.

Go into the MyGame folder and open the file template.xcodeproj.

When Xcode has opened and the project is ready for editing, show the Project Navigator, click on the blue icon for the template and hit return, now enter MyGame and press return.

A dialog will pop up asking you to rename project contents items, press the Rename button.

At this point Xcode may ask about taking snapshots, choose Enable or Disable dependent on your preference.

Now return to the Project Navigator, click on the blue icon for MyGame. To the right you will see a window showing Project - MyGame and Targets - MyGame. Select MyGame listed under Targets.

You will see a selection of tabs over to the right including Summary, Info, Build Settings, Build Phases and Build Rules. Select Build Settings.

In the search box type "product name". Double click on the search result and replace template with MyGame and press the Done button.

Xcode 3 should be fairly similar.

As for the icon this may be something in the plist that is overriding icon@2x.png.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
i will check the plist and let you know about the icon problem
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
you were right, the icon@2x.png reference was missing from the template.plist!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:05:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:05:12