Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Windows running as Virtual Machine on Mac - SUCCESS!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2011 16:55
If you have a Mac and you want to work with Basic, this is for you. We know that when using tier 1, there is no IDE ready to use on Mac, so one alternative is running a virtual machine.

It is not the perfect world, but I could run AppGameKit on a Windows 7 Virtual Machine (using VMWare Fusion) with no issues.

The fun part is that I left running the *native* Mac OSX AppGameKit player in the host, and run a AppGameKit program from the IDE in the Windows VM. Both players started the game - the Windows one inside the VM, and the Mac player in my host. That's perfect for now!

(*) In theory this should work since the VM communicates to the host using a standard network connection, but it was good to see that it actually worked.

(*) If you don't have two devices, it is actually perfect to test multiplayer games

(*) VMWare Fusion is a commercial product, but I'm pretty sure you can accomplish the same task using the free Virtual Box.

Cheers

Paulo
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2011 20:51
Very good to know about this, thanks!

Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline