Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Player on MeeGo don't work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2011 11:03
Hi @ all.

I bought an Asus X101 with MeeGo. I downloaded the AppGameKit Player vom the AppUp Store but when I try to run the program the screen keeps blank but no AppGameKit Player there. Is there something I might need to run the player. The AppUp Store on MeeGo gives lot's of errors (-2 -5 -25) but the AppGameKit Player got installed without a problem.

Maybe someone can help me with it?

Life is good!
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you running the correct program? I've only played with the windows player on my netbook, but the icon you would normally expect to run is not the correct one. You need to run the .bat file instead (takes me back lol). Probably not the case on Meego anyway, as I think it is Linux based, but worth a shot.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 05:14
I don't have the X101 yet so it might be something to do with our MeeGo OS compatibility. Can you post a screen shot of what you see when you press the AppGameKit Player icon from AppUp MeeGo? Did you install the latest 1.2 from the MeeGo website, or was this pre-installed?

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 10:04
Hi Lee,

I've added a small video of it. There you can see what's happening and also get the system info of the device. The OS is preinstalled on these devices. Hope that helps.

Life is good!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bursar
Years of Service
User Offline
I've just setup an older Samsung NC10 with Meego 1.2, and broadcasting from Windows to the netbook works fine. I don't know a lot about Meego yet, but maybe it's worth downloading and installing the latest version onto your Asus.

I used the instructions here: https://meego.com/devices/netbook/installing-meego-netbook/windows-instructions and everything went smoothly.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 03:43:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 03:43:54