Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Character Controller Collisions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So i was going through the little help file that TGC offers with Dark Physics.

I came across the Character Controller and decided i wanted to mess around with it for physics purposes.

Im to the point now, where i make the object i want to be my CC and i have it worked out so i can control it and move it around and it stays exactly where i need it to as far as controls go, but i never get any physics collisions out of it.

I have "phy on" and i followed all the little instructions for CCs and rigid bodies as per that guide. The objects i want colliding all are static rigid bodies. The CC is enabled and told to move around and, as far as i can tell, it moves around. And phy update is at the end.

So what am i missing? Do you need to enable collisions beyond the rigid bodies and CC? At this point i just want object to collide, but i want to use DarkPhysics to do so.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 18:13
Quote: " The objects i want colliding all are static rigid bodies"

are you trying to get the character controller to bounce off these object when it collised, or are you expecting them to move when hit.

If you are think they should move when hit then that will only work with a dynamic object.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Disrupter52
Years of Service
User Offline
No, i just want them to be obstacles. For walls and things like that so the player is unable to move through them. Im also trying to see if i can get the auto step-up feature to work with stairs ive made.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 16:45
you made need to make level into a phy make rigid body static terrain.

what I mean is load or make all your objects then either save it all as a DBO then use the above, once you have done this you will then need to change it to load instead of make, save doing all each time you run your code, unless you update the level.

hope to see what I am trying to say.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:29:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:29:23