Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Shuttle Mania Game Video

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 17:12 Edited at: 4th Sep 2011 20:11
Heres a Video of my first game made with AGK.

Its a fast paced game as you can get to be good at it.

I knew nothing of programming in Basic before this so I am more than happy with the result.

Now on to something different and more complex for my next Game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8H-8KMA9ro
Turtle Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 18:52
Looks awesome! Keep on working
But, I find that the ball is going way too fast, nobody can play properly at that speed xD

Thanks,
TP
Steve O
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 18:59
Very nice! But I think you should indeed reduce the speed, especially when playing with your finger.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks nice. The graphics are nice and clear. The ball movement, as said above is way too fast. Nice video!

Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 21:12
Looks nice and simple. Just a suggestion, try varying the angle of the ball, so it does not allways move in 45 degree angles, that will add a new dimension to the game

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 21:18
Thanks for the feedback guys. I take the point of course.

I've uploaded a new video for a slightly amended version.

Its still fast but somewhat smoother ball movement though there is some randomness to the ball speed. Its just to show all the screens and the winning and losing so you can see all functions.

This is really just for PC play at the moment and I guess the speed could be slowed a bit depending upon what one would think of as a reasonable users ability and the ratio of wins to loses one might think of as best for gameplay.

As its quite hard but not too hard, its adictive. I guess I could slow it down somewhat and make some other adjustments and fine tuning to compensate and provide a balance to gameplay wins and loses. I can think of a number of things that can be done.

Thanks again.

Neuro
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol, from reading the thread title, i thought this was going to be some kind of space game or something. Looks good though, would def be great on the iPad.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 04:13 Edited at: 5th Sep 2011 04:14
Air Hockey... awesome!
I was thinking about this just the other day.
I was mentioning it to a friend and they suggested foozball/foosball.
Not sure how I would set up the controls for that though, so I don't know if I'll attempt that or not.

Well Done Uman

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 12:18
Thanks Conjured,

Glad to see you working with AppGameKit too.

I have updated the game somewhat and will do so further though not updated the video yet.

I am starting another game which is more complex so I can learn more about working with AppGameKit . Have to go to larger screen for the next one to fit things in as it will have a lot of stuff going on.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 20:26 Edited at: 5th Sep 2011 20:33
Quote: "Glad to see you working with AppGameKit too."

If myAGKcode >= myFPIscripts
    IwillBeOK = TRUE
else
    IwillBeOK = FALSE
endif

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 04:09
Hi, just saw your game video and it's looking pretty good. I immediately thought it would make a very cool two player network game using a few easy AppGameKit network commands (see the multiplayer example). Imagine one player on an iPad and the other on a phone, or on a desktop/laptop/netbook/tablet. We just seeing how cool it is to play games across the device divide, and if you wanted to make a splash with your first AppGameKit game, multiplayer would produce a sizeable splash!

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 13:07
Hi lee,

Thanks for that.

I am thinking of updating that game as I am currently working on another more complex and learning to make use of the physcics features.

I will go back to this and updated with improved physics hopefully to adjust and smooth the game play speed and quality. I have already made some adjustments.

Yes I would be interested in multiplayer as I always have been so could try working on a version including it.

I will upload a new video when I have it.

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:33:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:33:24