Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Wrap a web page into a native app

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 22:09
Is it possible to wrap a web app into a native app, I had a tool made for this in Xcode, it wrapped web pages into native applications, that way they could be submitted to the apple store, is it possible to do the same with AGK. I think I head AppGameKit has some web viewer commands, so perhaps its possible to embed a web page into an AppGameKit project, and ultimatly that gives a LOT of opportunities to port applications to many formats, not just iOS as my Xcode tool allows right now.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
No with AGK. AppGameKit is for making games.
Use Phonegap.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 14:36
Can you view a web page in AppGameKit?

Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 14:36
No currently this is also not possible with AGK.

Life is good!
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
What about when/if it gets HTML5 support?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2011 03:03
If all of your content is on the webpage and you are just looking for a way to wrap it, I think it'd probably be easier and more efficient in the long run to just custom make some templates for each platform you are planning to support. You sound like you wouldn't really be using AppGameKit anyways.

Or better yet, skip the idea altogether and just host your website on the web, where it can be updated without approval and where it won't cause people to get irritated that it isn't a real application
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2011 21:58
Quote: "people to get irritated that it isn't a real application "

How would they know, can you tell from my iphone apps which are native and which are wrapped apps? The answer is no end user can tell.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
as long as the app has the standard iphone ui its near to impossible to tell if it was built in html or native.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:28:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:28:20