Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / enhanced animations bug

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 00:30 Edited at: 5th Sep 2011 00:32
When trying to create a new animation controler to an object that
never had any animation to begin with crashes.

eg
if i make a box
try to do this program:

make object box 1,100,100,100
global oacid
oacID = EnAn_oacCreate( 1 )

(crashes)

if was made with dbpro or was a loaded object with no anims already attached it crashes on that command

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2011 03:07
well after speeking with ron.... this one is confirmed

Does anybody know a work around for this? Im very desperate to get this to work.

DarkBasicPros biggest flaw is the fact that you cannot create animations within... without creating alot of functions first to replace the playback commands.....this realy sux!!

Why couldnt they keep the commands from classic darkbasic for creating animations?
Again this sux!

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2011 03:37 Edited at: 16th Sep 2011 03:38
To the maker of Enhanced Animations...

You have a command to save out the model to dbo without animations correct... Cant you just add code to the dbo file for whatever its missing... just an idea and then the user could just load the object back in to apply a controller to it.

Also you dont need to have full access to the model from dbpro.....your command has the location of the file and you could just load it into your dll on its own to modify it and resave it.

Again just an idea

griffirr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2011 13:41 Edited at: 16th Sep 2011 14:00
Yes I do SMD.
The code saves a .X file to a temporary directory set by g_TempFolder$ and then loads that object and copies the limb data from the object you want to the new object. The problem lays in the first limb needs to be setup differently. This was the only way I could get it to work. You then can apply any movements or rotations to the object and save out the .anim and .oca and be good. Let me know if this workaround works for you or if you have any questions.

Edit: oh ya call the createAnimatedModel() funtion it calls the rest. Remember to set g_TempFolder$ to a valid temporary path. This should not need any other plugins that the enhanced animation.

Edit2: You could also just use the created x file to load your objects limbs into, but i needed a stand alone code that creates the file every time and leaves no turds.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2011 15:46 Edited at: 17th Sep 2011 02:28
sweet!! ill give this a try. If this works then my ModelProp Application will be 100% compatible.

yeahoo!!

Thanks a million

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2011 03:23 Edited at: 17th Sep 2011 03:28
quick question

will this code work to fix a model created with limbs from scratch?
It may work for a single object but is there anything i could add to this code to say there are limbs and how many need repairing?

second question....looks like you understand the .x format correct? have you every made an exporter to save dbo models back to x?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:47:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:47:27