Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Windows compilation pb and question

Author
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2011 10:54
Hello everybody

I am very new to AppGameKit Yesterday I tried some things on Windows but may be there is something I don't understand, so I would like to ask the question.

First, I would like to apologize for my poor english, because I came from France, so I hope you will understand what I try to say

Here's my problem, first, I'm going to quote the documentation :

Quote: "You will find that when using the Windows AppGameKit IDE, applications are automatically created in the project folder that holds the project files, so there is no need for a separate build process here. Simply zip or pack the entire contents of your project folder to easily transport your application.

For added security, we suggest you make a copy of your project folder, rename it and then delete any files with the following extensions: CBP, DBPRO, AGC. You should also delete the SourceCode.agc from the media folder to protect your source code from un-wanted distribution."

I tried it, compiling a sample (spaceshooter). The resolution of this game is 1024 by something (683 or something).

If I delete all the CBP, DBPRO, AGC files, when I launch the game, the size of the screen become very very small. But if I keep this file, that's ok.

It seems to be the setup.agc file. So we have to let this file in the folder ? or I missed something ? Are we obliged to keep the setup.agc file for windows ?

Thank you for you help

Happy AppGameKit !
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2011 12:39
Yes, keeping the setup.agc file will ensure that the game runs in the correct size.

Crystal Noir
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2011 12:43
Oki thank you, that's the case for all plateform ? or just Windows / Mac ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 04:52:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 04:52:08