Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2011 19:44 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2011 19:57

Hey guys,
I decided to make a new thread for this game since I had to rebuild the first map and I'm also thinking about letting this game go into another direction than I first wanted.

---STORY---
When I was 8 years old I got abducted by some mysterious men and were brought to a secret lab placed in an old asylum.
But I was not the only one,
there were around a dozen other children caught in the lab, all boys.

The men made gruelsome experiments with the kids.
We lived like pets, everyone in his own small cage.

They didn't care for our health,
They didn't care for us if we were sick.

Then, one day five years after I got caught, one of the boys was able to break out of his cage and also set me and the others free.

They made us all to monsters,
we lost every hope to get out alive.
But when we were set free we all grabbed various tools laying around in the lab and killed everyone of the men in a brutal way.

We wanted revenge...

I don't know what experiments they did since they never tested out anything on me and the other boys were to sick to tell me.

But now 10 years later I found a mysterious letter in front of my housedoor...
The past is hunting me...

The letter tells me to go to another abandoned asylum.
"All your questions about what happened 10 years before will Be answered there".

I gotta go, I need to!

---GFX&SFX---
All the music you´ll hear inside the game is made by myself so it feels very custom.
Only some ambient sounds are from different artists.
The graphics are nothin´special except of the grain shader (well...this is nothing special,congrats!)

---GAMEPLAY---
If you arent fighting enemys then you´ll have to solve puzzles and read notes etc.
One of the more special things is that you don´t have an ammo and health HUD.
So if you pickup a weapon a HUD tells you how much bullets are in it, and if you pickup magazines you have to remember how much you collected.
If you have lowhealth a warningmessage appers that tells you to take some drugs.
You can collect them and even carry over the levels but you can only have 3 at a time.

SCREENS:

[b]Public testing version of the first mapb]
http://www.mediafire.com/?y0xch0wlvvrqvni

The official WIP website of the game:
http://www.wix.com/omegamer/sicness

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2011 17:06 Edited at: 14th Sep 2011 17:08
Level 1 last room

The first level is almost finished just have to add invisible barriers and the adventure elements.
This'll be done in a few days.

Please give feedback

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 16:20
Any feedback?
Would be nice or isn't anyone interested

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2011 00:41
Is there a mapping tutorial for this FPSC cause every game i see it has great mapping?
anyways cool game

Joey-May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
Favourite Game-Call Of Duty MW2
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2011 12:19
If you want some mappingtips send me a mail bro'
Glad you like it

If anyone wants to test the first map for bugs also send me a mail.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2011 16:06
Looks good, I love the lighting, but those lockers in the last pic look awkward in my opinion. It's not too bad and it may work out in the game, but just looking at a still screen, it looks weird.
But good job otherwise, keep on going, I'm sure this will be great!

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2011 16:28
@Omgegamer
Ok thanks!

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2011 16:56 Edited at: 17th Sep 2011 17:03
Quote: "But good job otherwise, keep on going, I'm sure this will be great!"

I hope so but thank you!

Quote: "It's not too bad and it may work out in the game, but just looking at a still screen, it looks weird. "

Well I might find another locker or anything different thx for the feedback!

Quote: "Ok thanks!"

No problem

What I need yet is a voice actor
I'm not to lazy to do it myself but I'm 15 and if you read trough the story then you'll see that the actor is a few years older, also my english speaking is terrible.

If somebody might have fun to speak a few phrases then just send me a mail.
Perfect would be someone who is around 20-30 years old and has an british or american accent.

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2011 13:59
Ok I almost finished to add the gameplay elements for the first map and I will also release a public test-version of it so maybe anyone will find a bug that I did not find.

Please support this game by posting anything in this thread or leaving a nice comment on its website

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2011 19:55
Public testing of the first map has begun!

I finished everything and added all elements I wanted to add and I'm really proud of it.
I'm releasing this public testing version so if anyone finds a bug I did not find,he is able to post it here.
One last thing I have to say is that the map doesnt has a winzone,yet so if you're in the room with the readable note, this is the end, and yeah I know the map isn't that big but it has over 300 entitys so its extremly detailed.

Please if you download and test it leave a comment here I worked very hard on this level

DOWNLOAD:http://www.mediafire.com/?y0xch0wlvvrqvni

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2011 15:43
There were 3 persons already downloaded the demo.
Any feedback and what did you like dislike?

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2011 16:17 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2011 16:55
Downloading as we speak...
EDIT:
So, it was actually quite good until I got the room where the folders told me that there would be a shotgun for me and there wasn't, which was really frustrating... then I read your post (I sometimes do this ).

Well, some criticism:
I really don't like the HUDs (other than the syringe hud), they look like you made them in ms paint in 5 seconds. Really don't fit in my opinion.

You obviously never wanted me to stop playing as the Esc button didn't do anything, so I had to quit the game by pressing ctrl+alt+del.

The invisible walls in the last room seemed really unnecessary. Why were they there?

The lighter puzzle was a really good one, but it was kinda ruined by the fact that it says with big letters: "I need a lighter" and you go to the next room and there is the lighter just lying on the floor and a big hud says "take lighter". It would really help if you changed the huds. And also if it had no text saying "I need a lighter". Just no hud there, and when you take the lighter it says "press Enter to use lighter" or something like that. And the when you go to the lighter it would have a more subtle hud and it wouldn't be just there in the floor in the next room. Just my opinions.

But anyway, I actually liked how it looked, the lighter puzzle was great, I hope to see more stuff like that and the fullscreen shader was awesome. I also liked that there wasn't alot of gore, I only saw one body there, and it looked very good, and was alot more effective because there wasn't alot of corpses just laying around. Nice job, keep on going

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2011 17:20 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2011 17:26
Thank you for your feedback!

The shotgun will be at the beginning of the second level so don't be frustrated
I removed it from the start of the map because I thought it's stupid that almost every FPSC-Game starts with a gun laying around.

Yeah the HUDs are made within a few seconds but well this is the style of the game and I see no other style which really fits.
Also this game ís meaned to have a little touch of "thrashyness".

The thing with the ESC button is a bug of FPSC and I will change it in the finished game but well this is only a 1-Level preview.

The invisible walls are everywhere around the map because you're easily able to jump out of the level.
Especially for the last room but I will try to place the invisible walls in that room that they aren't enerving for the player anymore.

The thing with the lighter is right I will make it more subtile, maybe by placing it near the corpse with some cigarretes around it, so you see a sense why it's there.

Quote: "But anyway, I actually liked how it looked, the lighter puzzle was great, I hope to see more stuff like that and the fullscreen shader was awesome. I also liked that there wasn't alot of gore, I only saw one body there, and it looked very good, and was alot more effective because there wasn't alot of corpses just laying around. Nice job, keep on going "

Thank you for your Support Metal Devil123 you're welcome

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2011 19:11
Quote: "The invisible walls are everywhere around the map because you're easily able to jump out of the level.
Especially for the last room but I will try to place the invisible walls in that room that they aren't enerving for the player anymore."

Well you did such a good job on the other rooms on placing them so that I didn't even notice, so sure you can figure out something in the last room

Quote: "The thing with the lighter is right I will make it more subtile, maybe by placing it near the corpse with some cigarretes around it, so you see a sense why it's there."

That's a great idea, I knew you'd come up with something

Quote: "Yeah the HUDs are made within a few seconds but well this is the style of the game and I see no other style which really fits.
Also this game ís meaned to have a little touch of "thrashyness".
"

I understand, maby make then with a slightly thinner brush? I understand what you're aiming for though

Quote: "I removed it from the start of the map because I thought it's stupid that almost every FPSC-Game starts with a gun laying around."

I know, and it's also very predictable when enemies start appearing. There's no enemies in the whole place, but the second you get your gun BOOM! a monster appears

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2011 19:17
Exactly what I meant
Yeah there are almost 100 (!!!!) invisible walls.

Thx for the interest though

I will begin working on the second map tomorrow.
Anyone else has feedback?

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2011 14:19 Edited at: 24th Sep 2011 15:03
I just made the last room of level 1:

I will post screens of the second level tomorrow.
Any feedback from the other downloaders of the first level?

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2011 15:10
Like the level
it looks great problem is:
hard to play

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2011 15:12
Looks neat.
Quote: "hard to play"

what made it hard?

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2011 15:35