Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / 3d objects structure

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2011 16:20
I am trying to load objects based on formats that are not supported by DBpro.

based on memory location and structure, I am looking for the following:

1- where the objects numbers are located and can i create object number in the memory without calling the create object commmands.
2- if I knew the object pointer, how is the structure of the memory followed by this pointer. ( does DBpro transform all objects into DBO format in the memory or all objects have same structure in memory?.)

thanks
Hotline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2011 20:48 Edited at: 19th Sep 2011 20:52
Hi !

1. Yes you can there is a command in the "DBProBasic3DDebug.dll" called CreateNewObject. which creates a new empty dbo object in the memory by a given id.After it is sucessfully created you can add meshes to this object.Just create a pointer to this function first

2. The object structure is sObject. it's the standard structure dbpro uses for all objects. (the header file is located in "Help\documents\Files\DBO Loader\" called DBOData.H

you can download the "D3D Functions dll" from the forum which is opensource and there is a function which converts a D3D primitive into a standard dbo object.Just follow the code and you will see how it works.

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2011 04:16
you can normally create a sphere with size zero. I am not looking to use any object command, I want to control the object memory structure using safe or unsafe methods.
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2011 18:47
done

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:16:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:16:17