Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Last Error tried to flush data on an unconnected socket

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
First, I would like to say thanks for creating such a great product. Today I started getting this error. Last Error tried to flush data on an unconnected socket. Now I have had success with deploying apps and this only seems to happen now and then but I have to shut down my iPod and restart start it any ideas ?
ElijahNomad
Years of Service
User Offline
I noticed also that when I'm broadcasting an app my abort button is grayed out maybe this has something to do with it ?
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2011 21:14 Edited at: 19th Sep 2011 21:15
I've seen that a few times running the player on my iPad, but I only have to stop the player and start it again, it doesn't affect anything else I'm doing on the iPad. I haven't actually built anything else to put on the iPad yet.

I don't remember what I was doing each time that I got that error, but my gut feeling is that I was having a problem with the compiler crashing. I'll try to keep track of it when I see it again.

Woodster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 14:46
I have resolved this now and thought it best to document, just in case anyone else has the same problem.

It would appear that my Windows 7 Home edition needed its network configured slightly differently. I allowed it to join the "HomeGroup" via Control Panel. I also enabled Public Folder sharing which may have contributed to my success.

Anyway, just in case the problem occurs for anyone else in the future.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2011 04:54
We have made some changes to the network code to solve this error, but the cause is related to any firewall you may have which interferes with the two way communication between the compiler and the AppGameKit Player. Open up your firewall/router for this communication, and you will not see this error again.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:46:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:46:48