Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / (X9) (1.18) Theatre Deathmatch

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2011 01:25 Edited at: 20th Sep 2011 02:23
This is a game I made in one day. I tried to design it like a theatre, but I probably messed up some stuff, like the projector location. But, I tried to make it accessible and have lots of hiding places. Like the projector room or the bathroom, or even the hidden weapon stashes. I will post screenshots after the build. It is widescreen compatible and has all the MP38 shaders. I don't know about anyone else, but I can run this at 53 FPS with Fraps on. It's a fairly detailed map.

If you're looking at this post, please download and play my game. Just so I know that I didn't spend all my time for nothing.

EDIT: Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m95cb9r5533l7h3/theatredeathmatch1.zip

Why does life suck the life out of you?
SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Pic 1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Pic 2

Attachments

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Pic 3

Attachments

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Last pic

Gotta love this layout.

Attachments

Pbcrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2011 15:23
Those screenies look incredibly bare. You have huge rooms with practically nothing in them but a few things along the walls here and there. It makes the place seem incredibly empty and wasteful. Perhaps try making smaller rooms and adding more features to them.

The voices in my head said I'm normal... o.0
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
@ SecretiveOps is this multiplayer or singleplayer? if its multiplayer we should link up i wanna try it out!!!

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
It's multiplayer. I'm geting on it now if anyone's playing.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2011 15:48
If it's multiplayer, how in earth did you get the water there? Is there something that I've missed?

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
@SecretiveOps i dont think you can have water in multiplayer dude but i deff have been wanting to try out a fps creator multiplayer game im down to play but were gonna have to get msn messenger or aim or something so i know when ur getting online to play or else we will never be able to play lol let me no if u have an aim or msn messenger so we can link up? message me back

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2011 21:43 Edited at: 21st Sep 2011 21:43
Quote: "This is a game I made in one day"

About 99.99 % of this worlds modders call this a MAP, not a game.

The difference is, that a game needs CONTENT.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2011 02:53 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2011 03:25
@Sic1ne, Check my profile email for my live address. It's actually very easy to do it. By that i mean water.

@Storyteller, you're such a killjoy, you know that?

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2011 04:44
Quote: "@Storyteller, you're such a killjoy, you know that?"

No, no he isn't. He is correct. Looking at your pictures. This isn't even a map. This is supposed to a MP map? where is the cover? the tactical approaches? The choices for a play to either flank or run and gun.

There aren't any, I can't even say this would suffice for a CQB area. You have three ticket stands next to each other, and then couches right next to them lined up on a wall with a "Ticket" sign above them. Do I buy tickets from the guy sitting on the couch? This is what I would do If I was playing your -map- I would simply stand in between the theater chairs and camp every last living sole that played this game, because judging from these screen shots there are maybe only two doors going in there from the same area. That's an over powered choke point.

Picture of a restroom sign... ok how does this help advertise your map? I now know there is a bathroom, probably only with one entrance, guess who is going to camp in that room? me.

A room with three stairs with water flowing down them. Yet there is not a single drop of water on the floor. Again the area is completely open, this map is more of a "Who can strafe the most and spray and pray at the same time."

You need to rethink everything. Scrap the whole map and re-do everything bit by bit. Adding is areas that can be accessed from multiple ways, front, back, left and right if you have to. The level needs much more life to it, start adding things that you would normally see in a movie theater.

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
@Soviet, this is my cry face. and you just brought it on. Alright, game on. I'll redo the entire map!

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2011 02:07
No need to pull out the cry face. You needed some criticism. Instead take this time to look up some movie theater floor plans, schematics or what have you, base your plans off of them.

For instance, if I were to camp lets say in between those seats, you could add an entrance in the front, where people who buy movie tickets go into, then add a emergency exit in the back, like you would normally see. Allow the emergency exit to be accessed by another part of the map that accesses all the other parts of the map. See what I am saying? This ensures that if I camp I can be flanked from the back, neutralizing a choke point.

You could even add ventilation shafts for users to take a more stealthy approach. Add things around the map a player can take cover behind. Adding places to hide is ok, don't get me wrong, I like to hide sometimes as well, but these places need to be attack able and defend-able at the same time. See what I mean?

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2011 02:24
Even a simple maps needs effort and a certain logic to result into something enjoyable. Having water running down a wall and stairs (and then disappearing) for example is simply silly. Did you even think about what you are doing here?

I have a feeling that you where simply throwing in random media from the metro theater pack.

Quote: "Just so I know that I didn't spend all my time for nothing."

If the result is nothing you did not achieve anything else. Please put in some effort or at least get familiar with the software (lightmapping, mapdesign basics) before you do the next map. You are around here long enough to at least bring up something half way enjoyable. If you open up a wip thread, you have to expect criticism to your presented "work". And reacting like this

Quote: "this is my cry face. and you just brought it on."

Quote: " you're such a killjoy, you know that?"

is nothing but a sign of immaturity.

-Wolf

Matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively Theres no such thing as death,life is only a dream,and were the imagination of ourselves.
TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2011 02:28
I like the map.

Joey-May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
Favourite Game-Call Of Duty MW2
SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Wolf. Please, read a book on humor. I know it wasn't something to be a full-on game. Thank you TheDesertEagle. But unfortunately, if I put something in the showcase section, it has to be gold, according to our resident BOTB developer. There are worse maps than this. This isn't my best, I can guarantee you Wolf. Like I said, please learn some humor. It's gotten me pretty far with my Marine Corps JROTC.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2011 02:51
Not gold...but you should at least try.

Quote: "Like I said, please learn some humor."

What was the joke?

Quote: "It's gotten me pretty far with my Marine Corps JROTC.
"

How does this go together with the subject? Its not even related.
If this is somehow supposed to impress...anyone..well. that would be just sad. Its not a dick measuring contest.

Matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively Theres no such thing as death,life is only a dream,and were the imagination of ourselves.
skeeter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2011 02:57
mines... oh wait. its not a dick measering contest

window 7 ultimate, AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 3.3 ghz, XFX Radeon HD6790 1GB, 16gb ram

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Wolf, seriously? You ramble into this post, ultra criticize something I didn't even want to be that impressive. And the ROTC thing has to do with LIFE. The thing outside of this box of words. I really am a somewhat good developer, its just this was my first map on my new computer, and I wanted to try it multiplayer with others.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2011 03:50 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2011 03:51
Quote: "Wolf, seriously? You ramble into this post, ultra criticize something I didn't even want to be that impressive"

I didnt over criticise it. I only pointed out a single flaw and gave you the impression your map made on me. I also pointed out your inappropriate reaction to storytellers and soviets posts. Which, granted, I didn't need to point out.

Quote: "And the ROTC thing has to do with LIFE."

Come on buddy... isn't that really just a program to brainwash highschool kids to eventually join the US Army? I didn't even know something like this would exit until now. Its straightup like the former german HJ.

If you are a grown up person that decided to join the army, good for you! Go for it! But this kind of program that gets minors involved into military mindset is just wrong .___.

But thats just my opinion. I concider your entire club to be complete FUBAR after the abu ghraib thingie anyway.

Quote: "its just this was my first map on my new computer, and I wanted to try it multiplayer with others."

You could have written that in your first post so we could see that you did not seek any criticism on this map. You could have posted in the showcase aswell. You even described it to be "fairly detailed" in the first post which is not. So is it a test map for your new system or is it a full presented multiplayer map. What is it now?

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, now that we are in good terms, it's a Dell Inspiron 620 with a Quad core i5 in it, an ATI Radeon HD 6450, and 6 GB or DDR3 RAM. That's the biggest I've ever been able to build a level.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2011 04:09
Quote: "Dell Inspiron 620 with a Quad core i5 in it, an ATI Radeon HD 6450, and 6 GB or DDR3 RAM. "

Why is it that if you dont bother with computer hardware for a few years, new systems appear to have the capacities of the enterprise?!

Good system you got yourself there... I fear that I have to upgrade mine soon too

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah. It pretty much shot a 50cal into my old one. No, really, I did. A friggin 600 dollar computer cant beat this 500 dollar i5. Amazing. I made a jungle level that my old comp rang in at 6 fps, and this one did 60.

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2011 18:31
Wow

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2011 03:47
INTERNET FIGHT! XD

Im kidding, but i totally agree with Wolf. You need to redo this completely and PLAN OUT what you want to make first, don't just go into the editor and build crap and put it on the forum!

NOT RELEVANT: I know this is not relevant and i apologize, but i don't want to start a new thread. Does anyone have the game Brink? If so what framerate do you get and what graphics card do you have? I love the game, but my ATI card gives me like 20 framerate and it's really annoying! Thanks!

- Josh

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Get a 6450. 59 FPS. AMAZING! And I'm making a zombies game. I know its not original, but it's gonna be fun as crap.

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 19:42
what happend to the thread

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
It's DYING! I need a mod to DELETE this, not lock it. OR. Have an ADMIN delete it. It's a pointless thread now. DesertEagle, have you a live acoount i can message you on?

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 01:21
Yeah joeyorelenxas@live.ca

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 10:33:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 10:33:05