Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / What is best suited for our purposes?!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 18:54 Edited at: 27th Sep 2011 19:52
Me and two of my mates are doing a 3D adventure game. The 3D graphics will be nothing special at all. (Most would probably describe them as downright ugly), but we aim to do a 3D adventure game where we have done EVERYTHING to the best of OUR ability. I will do the programming and my two friends will do the graphics. However, we are pretty clueless as to what program we want to use to generate the maps/levels. We are pretty sure we want to use Maya for modelling, which I assume is perfectly compatible with Dark GDK ?(provided you export as .x, that is). The only considerations we have done on the level editor is to maybe use Cartography Shop. However, will it suit our purposes? Can it export maps as .bsp or is that not even necessary? - Can a map just be a .x file and be loaded by DarkGDK just as easily and behave like a normal .bsp, or what do we need to do?
Please help us!

In the world of Computer science the term user, means idiot.
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
A map can be any 3D model file. It should preferably be a .X or .DBO file, as DarkGDK has native and well supported loading for them.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 09:01:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 09:01:45