Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Tell me your MM scripting needs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 20:47
Hi all,

Well, I'm back after a bit of a hiatus dealing with some tragedy very close to home.

I've been getting into some more advanced scripting and would like to help out those who may need some help.

The only requirement is that you use the latest version of mystic mod. Mystic mod has greatly expanded the scripting library and I don't ever plan on looking back or trying to work with the limited tools provided in vanilla x10.

Lemme know what you need.

Cheers,
SREALIST
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 22:26
Welcome back! I hope that everyone is better, though I'm sure you're still in a bit of shock, I know that I'd be. As for a request, maybe a combo lock to open a safe or door or something?

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 00:47
Thanks for the kinds thoughts!

Combo lock/pin/safe/etc sounds fun. Will get on it. I'll make it so that the pin numbers will be global variables declared at the top of the script so it is easy to change.

I'll also make it so that a wrong number requires you to start over (unlike other scripts I have seen where you could just hit every number over and over until you solved it).

Any other requirements/ideas for this script?
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 00:50
Maybe after X amount of tries, it breaks and you can't get in anymore. That would be more for optional safes or doors, so it could be commented out too, depending on it's use.

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 01:09
Good idea. Could also add a timer perhaps.

Here's a question though...how am I going to get info from the keyboard into a variable or be able to compare against it?

Ideally, I would be able to do something like scancodekeypress=key_var or globalvarequal=another_var key_var, etc.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 02:22
I don't think you need to read into a variable, you could just do:

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 02:27
Slick! The only thing this changes is the ability to make the pin numbers editable from a global variable but that's not really needed anyway.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 02:53
Quote: "Slick! The only thing this changes is the ability to make the pin numbers editable from a global variable but that's not really needed anyway."

You could still do that.

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 07:04
Alright..well I will try to solve the puzzle without asking to have my hand held since I claim to be getting into more "advanced scripting"
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 17:35
If you get stuck srealist feel free to ask.. I don't want to interfere in your thing. I have already made a few different lock types in my demo city.. from tumblers to keypads... even ones that need repaired first etc...

So like I said if you get stuck and want to have different perspective on handling it let me know..

-Squalker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:27:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:27:43