Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Any way to broadcast to multiple iPads at the same time?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, i'm just wondering if anyone has this working? I've got the iOS player working on an iPad 1 and an iPad 2. If I broadcast then it only plays on one of them. If I close that one down, open up the one that didn't work (stays on standby) then broadcast again, it works.
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 17:05
Do they have different IPs? Have tested it here with a Mac, IPod Touch (2nd gen), IPad 1 and a Windows Netbook ... as soon as I hit the compile and broadcast it sends the game to all of them at the same time. Sometimes on the IPod it cannot receive the game but the others are fine.

milhaus
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep, different IPs. It broadcasts to the PC, Mac, iPhone and iPad simultaneously, just not two iPads at once.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2011 04:07
At the moment the compiler will only send the app to the first unique device platform. If two iPad's exist, only the quickest gets the app. You can always send the app again with the Compile & Broadcasst button to get it on the other, but we felt it strange you would need the app running on two identical platforms. If you feel the app should be sent to ALL devices, even if the platforms are identical, let us know!

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2011 09:50
Lee -it would be highly desirable to do is in a classroom. More and more colleges are allowing people to use iPads etc to class work on. The tutor needs to be able to send materials. They could be say a text file or a picture or an exercise game app made with AGK.

I can see how you might do this using the multiplayer mechanism in AppGameKit by sending chunks, but as the editor can do this when it broadcasts, there must be this ability built in. Can we have it please?

Also, the multiplayer join session mechanism really needs the possible addition of a password, and also the DNS name of the host rather than the explicit IP address. If you see what I mean!

-- Jim
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2011 11:15
Imagine you have your friends over for some betatesting of your app, 1 or more of them have the same devices... YES we need this feature change!

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
milhaus
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee, it wasn't two identical devices, it was an iPad 1 and 2! I was just doing some stress testing to see how the 1 would stand up compared to the 2. Also, my brothers like to test at the same time and compare scores.

Thanks everyone for the responses, I'm trying out tier 2 now instead.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2011 06:03
Good points, please post the request on the issues board at: http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/list

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2011 22:26
Why do you have 2 iPads? Give one to me instead!

Srry about my english im from sweeden

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:23:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:23:27