Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Project not been build yet

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 21:22
I keep getting this message when I try to run the project then I build it and comes up again. Ok anybody know what I am missing

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
MAybe your project is in a file path with spaces in it.
Deion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2011 02:53
ive just started getting this all the time now also, its the same project ive been working on for weeks now, and it didnt happen prior ....

Cheers,
Deion G.
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2011 02:59
I wasn't getting this it first. The problem is I don't know when it started if I did I could back track. I have one other project where I get the same thing. I did rename a folder. So I thought that might be it. But no.

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2011 19:53
Anybody know how to fix this?

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
Bursar
Years of Service
User Offline
I've had this happen a couple of times. Try deleting the .exe file and the .byc file and then building the project again.
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 16:03
Ok I deleted those files still happens. Also I notice that when I click on compile and run tool it compiles but dose not run. If I click on compile and run and broadcast it will compile and run and broadcast.

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2011 04:56
Use the 'Compile, Run and Broadcast' button as this takes are of all the various parts of the compile/run process. Running an app that has not been successfully compiled will produce the error you reported. If you can describe a step by step on how you compiled and then run separately to still produce this error, please report it here so we can check it out:
http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/list

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2011 18:23
Thanks for the reply Lee. It looks like this all started when I renamed the project. The error code said failed to run " old name "
So it looks like in fact runs twice it tride to run it by the old name then by the new name. when old name .exe was not there it came up with the compile error. I created a all new project and kept all the code I used and media and put it in the new project. Then it worked fine. If this is something to look into or not I am not sure. Or just operator error.

Thanks again

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
Deion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2011 05:26
yea same here changed the p roject name so i opened up the cbp file in wordpad, edited all th eold name isntances to the new name and saved it now runs fine.

Cheers,
Deion G.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:46:40
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:46:40