Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbLimbOffsetX returns zero

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Doing a very simple test by using dbLoadObject on Man2 supplied with DarkGDK then create the checklist for limbs to display the limb offsets shows zero on all three axis. I get the idea that this is an old problem, but can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this?

And the Geek shall inherit the earth
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 21:02 Edited at: 4th Oct 2011 21:04
The limb offset commands actually return the offset that you introduce yourself. For example, if you use dbOffsetLimb to move a limb 5 units upwards on the Y axis, then next time dbLimbOffsetY will return 5. But that's not the value you want.

You can try to calculate the difference between the world coordinates of the limb and of the object, e.g.

should give the X offset of limb 21 in object 1, as long as the object has not been rotated. I haven't tested it much, I don't know how accurate this is, and I don't know either if there is a better way to get the data.

Just curious, what would you like to use the offsets for?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 11:53:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 11:53:48