Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / What am i better off buying x9, x10 or realm crafter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to start development on something "BIG", and im intreeged by the newer zombie pack for FPSC, but a friend told me z9 is better, but id id rather have the newer version, but I also want to create a FPS MMO, and can fPSC do that or should I get Realm Crafter, but a final question... can elements of FPSC be used in Realm Cafter. Please put your awnsers below and try to cover all of these aspects and others that spring to mind.

For the future
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2011 23:06 Edited at: 7th Oct 2011 19:06
Quote: "I want to start development on something "BIG", and im intreeged by the newer zombie pack for FPSC, but a friend told me z9 is better, but id id rather have the newer version, but I also want to create a FPS MMO, and can fPSC do that or should I get Realm Crafter, but a final question... can elements of FPSC be used in Realm Cafter. Please put your awnsers below and try to cover all of these aspects and others that spring to mind."

You would have to completely mod FPSC to use it for an mmo... It was was designed to create single player FPS games..

If you buy FPSC X10 you can use you serial number to unlock FPSC x9 as well... So you are basically get both products for the price of one...

If you are interested in creating an MMO more then anything else then Realm Crafter is a devoted MMO engine and would work nicely for that... But it is not a drag and drop friendly engine like FPSC is... You have to have a lot of Game Development skills to use Realm Crafter... Realm Crafter is sold by TGC but was developed by another company ... So in order use TGC items in Realm Crafter they would all have to be converted to work with the engine..

Hope this helps
-Squalker
DirectorsFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, but I want a MMO FPS, not a MMO RPG, I want MMO that pulls away from the RPG elements, i want a more cod or halo experience, if dont decide on a MMO, can FPSC create a Unreal tournament style game?

For the future
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2011 14:42
Quote: "can FPSC create a Unreal tournament style game?
"

The Multi-player side of FPSC Creator is very limited and would require some Code editing to create that style of game.
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2011 13:27 Edited at: 13th Oct 2011 13:28
when you want to get some kind of deus-ex gaming style (fpshooter with some rpg-elements), then try the rpg-mod for x9.

but one thing: you need to be big to create some "big" thing

means an rpg is mass of data, texts and all other elements, simply because you need time and enviroment to get a good character development. my 2 cents: only doable with a big team so when basics are done, many people can work to do a big world.

even a good/unique shooter with a todays sellable playtime is nearly impossible to do for a single person. a rpg definitely not.
a mmo is definitely impossible to do single.
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2011 23:54
No, not RPG-mod for x9. It doesn't look like the forums for it on the official site have been updated for awhile. Honestly, Mystic Mod's variables should suffice. Very well, actually

Cheesehead for life.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:23:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:23:23