Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / FPSC Virus dll

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2011 08:28
dbproanimationdebug.dll
I've searched the forum and only found dead ends. FPS Creator 10 still has the dll that is recognized as a virus. The only way I can see to get around it is to disable my AV every time I load FPSC. I\'m not real interested in doing that. Why no fix?

~Aspiring~
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2011 09:34
I doubt there is a virus in that file. It would be a false positive from your AV software. This is not something that needs a fix. You need to add the file to the ignore list for your AV.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2011 23:48
Thanks Thraxas.
Forcing AVG to ignore seemed to work.
It seems like this is a common issue with beginners wondering about the integrity of this dll.
I wonder if the authors can program the DBPro installer to add an exception to the file list in antivirus programs. It seems it is not only AVG, but avast as well.

If it is an annoyance to end users, then why do you say this doesn't need a fix?

I know if my program was causing this sort of issue I'd want it fixed.

~Aspiring~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:27:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:27:29