Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / iOS Simulator and Multiplayer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2011 13:52
I'm trying to get an app I'm making using the native agk on my mac and get it to talk to my pc.

The network at home seems fine, I can talk to the mac directly from my pc but I cant get the multiplayer part to work, even with the demo projects.

Has anyone else had this problem? or has anyone got any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Incontinance, the lazy mans excuse!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2011 05:52
You need to make sure the firewall/router are not blocking the IP communication between the two AppGameKit apps. I find it easier to switch off the firewall briefly if I hit a sudden multiplayer problem just to discount this as the cause. The multiplayer example provided with AppGameKit will only move the HOST icon, not the JOINER icon. If you HOST on the PC and JOIN on the MAC (and vice versa), you should be able to control the HOST icon on the second machine.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Arminus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2011 12:18
Thanks Lee!
It ended up being a firewall thing afterall.
The port I selected was being blocked by the windows PC, but I wasn't getting any kind of alert to tell me that a program was trying to use that port and whether I wanted to allow / disallow it.

Incontinance, the lazy mans excuse!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:35:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:35:02