Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Micropather

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Any one know how to use this because i dont and they dont really give you a good example if you want to download load it click here

i want to use this in some of my up coming games im going to create.

thanks in advanced

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry. - Bill Cosby
California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange. - Fred Allen
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2011 01:39 Edited at: 9th Oct 2011 01:41
Quote: "MicroPather is a path finder and A* solver (astar or a-star) written in platform independent C++ that can be easily integrated into existing code. "

This says it all, the hidden meaning of that sentence is:

"Dont use the library but just go code it yourself, because that will give you more flexibility and you can make it way more powerfull!"

Links for first steps:
http://www.policyalmanac.org/games/aStarTutorial.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A*_search_algorithm

Not saying that Micropather aint no good , it actually is pretty damn good, but learning it yourself is a fun and you learn alot from it, and you most likely will make it better by finding new techniques.
Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2011 02:48 Edited at: 9th Oct 2011 03:58
I will look at thoughs sites i know i looked at the first but that is weird explaning it and could i just add somthing to the A* to make it better more flexiable. And it might be better for me to look play around with something before i start my own because so far it is kind of confusing. i think i will stick with the A* for now at least.

i will keep thoughs websites in mind

if any one else knows anything about micropather just tell me how to use it.

id love to make my own but at the level i am at right now i dotn think i could do it even though i like to think i can

thanks Red Eye

i want to make my own i think that would be really cool but im a more visual type of person so i cant really do it unless i really understand it. this my sound cheasy and i just want code but this is how i learned every thing on c++, dark gdk. because all thoughs websites are talking about these complicated algarthiams they dont really explain what they do except for that first one but i got stuck on that a while back. so i might try again

im fine doing algaraithms for example i can do the rubix cube, megaminxs so i am fine doing them its just that it dosent tell em well what im doing so if you can please help.

Oh yea i need to make my own path finder. Micropather is very confusing right now so i guess i have to make my own.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry. - Bill Cosby
California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange. - Fred Allen
Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
If i do make my own i dont even know how to make a library like a .dll

Do i just make a .h file with all the functions like this

is it just like that or do i have to make a .dll (ive never made a .dll before)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 06:44:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 06:44:50