Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Intersect object question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2011 17:49
Hey, my map mesh is made up from segments of objects put together. What I do when I start the game is glue these objects together to the first map segment so the whole map is just one big object.

I have tested this by trying to move or rotate the base mesh after gluing them together and they all move/rotate correctly.

When I start the game I send the object ID of the base mesh to the player class so it will know which object to check intersections for when shooting. But the problem is it will still only react when I shoot at the base mesh, even when the other objects are glued to the base mesh. Is this a bug or is it supposed to be like that? And what can I do to bypass or prevent this issue?

Quick response will be appreciated, thanks.
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2011 19:06
Hi Bergice

The intersect object command is correctly checking for the collision with the base object.

The glued objects are still considered seperate objects; and would need to be intersected seperately; or, they need to be added as limbs to the base object in which the single intersect object call will test collisions with limbs.

If the structure of the objects are not complex, and you want to avoid using limbs or seperate function calls, you could join the mesh structure of the objects into a single limb object using dbPeformCSGUnion()[PERFORM CSG UNION]

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 15:26
bergice

I've replied to the GDK shader query you posted on the DBPro board.
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 16:23 Edited at: 11th Oct 2011 16:24
Thanks, I looked up the CSG command and it wasn't there, only the CompileCSG command, but it didn't work, I don't know why it's not included in my DarkGDK header but apparently it isn't for some reason.

Anyways I set it temporarily to use SC_IntersectObject(); for now (I use sparky's collision dll.

[Edit]

Thanks Gandalf, I will look at that now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 19:12:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 19:12:41